Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    narang Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 08:17 PM
    What colour would roots of the hair show after black hair dye fade out?
    I have dark brown hair and dyed my hair black a day before. Am just been crying for hours and have already washed my hair several times. WOuld someone please advise as I donot want to use the daye again and am worried as to what colour would the tips of the hair would grow? Would it turn gray or... please help..

Jan 24, 2011, 08:21 PM
    Does hair dye damage hair and make it gray?
    I have used hair dye for the first time and am getting impatient of when this dye would fade away. It was actually herbal mehandi with ppd 2% and am having restless days/nights. DOes anyone please advise as to what colour would this dye fade into - my natural brown colour or would turn it grey? What is the most quick way to get rid of this chemical without using any other chemical on the hair?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 08:22 PM

Why would it turn "grey" did you have grey hair before you died it. It will grow back in the same color it was before you died it. The grey will still be grey, and the brown will be brown when it comes back.

And you will have back hair for a while, so get used to it.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 08:56 PM

Your roots will be your natural color. If you had dark brown hair your roots will bedark brown and eventually over-grow the black. But, it will be awhile until you're backat 100% natural brown hair.
    Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 09:09 PM

Threads merged, please do not start a new thread , merely answer your own thread to add more info if needed

Jan 24, 2011, 09:39 PM
    Thanks for your advise and am a bit relieved.
    I have around 5 % gray hair and have been using henna for almost 8 years.
    I have been told by my grandma that the roots would come out to be gray since it has ppd 2% in it.
    Please let know if someone has tried black henna and does the original colour come back. This is the first time I have used it and am quite scared on how my hair would look once dyes fades off? Are there any easy tips to get my original hair back quickly?
    Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 09:53 PM

Since my natural color is grey, ( now anyway) I can't help you except that only time will tell, nothing you can do now, but new hair will not be efected.

Jan 24, 2011, 10:03 PM
    By new hair you mean the tips of the hair would be as that of the original hair right??
    Are there any simple remedies you know I can take now to get rid of this black colour..?

I have dyed a day before and I have been just been shampooing and conditioning my hair with almost no results. Am in my early thirties and quite puzzled on the future of my hair.. :(
    hannahmarie02 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2013, 08:44 AM
    Hey this might not answer your question but I used a stripper it hasn't got rid of the color and now my hair stinks don't advice using it how do u get rid of the smellReply

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fade my black hair dye? [ 36 Answers ]

The day before yesterday I dyed my hair black. My natural hair color is dark brown and I like my hair really dark, but the black is a bit well... black :( . I want to fade it a bit and make it tone down a little faster. I have heard that washing your hair with Prell shampoo and putting hot...

Will colour dye fade into blonde hair [ 5 Answers ]

I Have light blonde hair and recently put some purple, black and dark red streaks into it. All of the colours I bought were permanent. The only thing is will they fade into my blonde? I had it pink once (streaks pink) and it faded ruining my blonde hair, but I thought it was down to the pink hair...

How can I get my black hair dye to fade fast [ 2 Answers ]

I just colored my naturally dark brown hair "light black" with actually turned out to be ugly jet black :eek:. I heard that u get better results if u try to get the color to fade within the first 48hr. Of coloring it. So any advice on how to make the color fade? ...

View more questions Search