Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    conners Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 08:04 PM
    Bright to dim light - what is going on?
    Our Hampton Bay celing fan/light has 4 lightbulbs. We are using 60 watt lightbulbs, but when we turn on the light, it is initially very bright but within a few seconds becomes dim. We are wondering if there is a "governor" on the sockets that causes the lights to dim a couple of notches.
    Any thoughts on what is going on?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 09:07 PM

Do you use a dimmer or a remote on this fan? No governors so lets look elsewhere

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze fan and light, light is not bright [ 5 Answers ]

We installed (actually my Dad installed) a new Harbor Breeze fan with light about 9 months ago. It's connected to a remote. The fan works great, but the light stopped working. I found it needed a new bulb and when installing the new bulb, the light is extremely dim when turned on. It doesn't...

My hp laptop screen does not get bright any more it remains dim why? [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried to adjust settings and that does not do anything. Hats wrong and how can I fix it?

Ceiling Fan lights shine bright, but then dim after 5 seconds [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a ceiling fan that takes 4 - 40 watt bulbs. We placed 4 - 60 watt bulbs instead and noticed the diming from the very first time after installation. Is this a safety feature built into the fan and if so, what component does this? Thank you for your help.

Ceiling fan light on, dims to bright, dims to bright. [ 2 Answers ]

I have two Hampton bay ceiling fans with lights. The upstairs unit has decided to have the light come on and what it does is get bright, dims down goes off and comes right back on. The remote only shuts it off for a moment. If I hold the off button on the remote down the light stays off. Switched...

Household Lighting fixtures go from dim and bright. [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in the 1930's and the wiring I'm sure is as old. The lights turned on tend to be on a dimmer they will be dim then go bright almost like an electrical serge sometimes flicker. Also I have a fan If set on med to high it will slow down then speed up. What's causing this?

View more questions Search