Ask
    hniang Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 06:00 PM
    Which relation represents a function?
    1) {(-7,5),(-7,1),(-10,3),(-4,3)} 3) {(2,0),(6,2),(6,-2)}
    2) {(-6,5),(-3,2),(1,2),(6,5)} 4) {(0,3),(2,4),(0,6)}
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jan 24, 2011, 08:01 PM
    Remember that in order to be a function, each x value can only have one y value associated with it.

Let's look at the first two points of #1: (-7,5) and (-7,1). Those two points have the same x value, but different y values. So you know right away that #1 is not a function.

Now can you spot the one that doesn't have repeated x values in it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does tax expense represents? [ 1 Answers ]

I am pretty sure that the answer is the amount of taxes contributed by the employer plus the gross pay. Like I said, pretty sure, but 100% sure... I have doubts. Please help.

Goodwill represents the excess cost [ 1 Answers ]

Boodwill represents the excess cost of an acquisition of the: a. Sum of the fair values assigned to intangible assets less liabilties assumed. b. sum of the fair values assigned to tangible and intangible assets acquired less liabilities assumed. c. sum of the fair values assigned to...

The result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function [ 6 Answers ]

I was asked to prove the result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function... prove that: 1- if f(X) inc & g(X) inc, foG inc 2-if F(X) inc & G(X) dec, foG dec 3- if F(X) dec & G(X) inc, fog dec 4- if f(X) dec & G(X) dec, fog inc please help me in that

Determine if the relation is a function [ 6 Answers ]

I am doing some functions review but I forget how to determin if it is a relation when given an equation help me please!! y=-3x +5 y=square root of (3x - 1)

View more questions Search