Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ypkaur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 11:10 PM
    Washington international university
    Is Degree From Washington International University Regonised As It Is Signed By Us Government Notary
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 15, 2007, 08:01 AM
    I am not quite sure what you are asking. Are you wondering if classes you took at Washington International University would be recognized at another university? Are you wondering if this degree would work for a job?

I can't find anything on their website about their accreditation... which generally means they are NOT accredited. Their courses probably would not be recognized by any other US university, and depending on the degree program, may not be recognized anywhere.

The answers on their questions page were very vague, and redirected the question rather than giving the answer people are looking for.

I would be very wary of this school. If you are looking for an online program, check into Devry University or University of Phoenix. Both are accredited and recognized by regional accrediting agencies and by the US Department of Education.
    bugmenot Posts: 40, Reputation: 1
    -

Aug 22, 2009, 09:08 PM

Washington International University is a well-known diploma mill.

I suggest you avoid it, and its ilk at all costs!

See the Oregon Office of Degree Authorization website, where WIU is clearly listed as a degree mill:
    Office of Degree Authorization

Also listed on the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board's page of "Institutions Whose Degrees are Illegal to Use in Texas":
    THECB - Academic Affairs and Research > Private Colleges and Institutes > Fraudulent Institutions

You'll also get an idea of other "colleges" to avoid by browsing the above links.
    shahenshah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 02:37 PM
    The following link may serve a good service:

http://www.osac.state.or.us/oda/unaccredited.aspx

Thanks,

Shahenshah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

International Student Advising - University level [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to be an international student advisor at a university. So far I have 2 years experience in this area, but would like to know what master's degree or professional program I should also take. (have a BA in English Language and Lit. speak Spanish, South Slavic Languages -- Croatian,...

Washington DC [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I am a expert about Washington dc. Ask me anything you would like to know about tourism in Washington DC and I will try to answer for you. I will be anixiously waiting to here from you. :)

View more questions Search