Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JohnHancock Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 12:55 PM
    How do I reset the 'Master Code' for a DSC PC1832?
    I moved into a home that has an alarm system with door, glass breakage, and fire installed, but the codes are no where to be found. Is it possible to 'reset' the master? I am aware that I may need to reprogram in all the zones if it is reset, but I just need to start fresh and be able to arm the system when I want to. It has a PK5500 series keypad. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2011, 12:58 PM

You might want to contact the alarm company that installed it and/or monitored it. There should be information on or near the unit.

If there was an easy way to clear it out / reset it... it wouldn't be much of an alarm system. All the crooks would know what to do already.

Jan 24, 2011, 03:13 PM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    There isn't anything written anywhere, either on the mainboard or on the keypad. There is also no signage of it being monitored or installed by a specific company.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2011, 04:04 PM

Try and contact an alarm company that you may wish to do business with for monitoring purposes. You will obviously know the make and model unit you have and perhaps they can suggest someone in your area that can be of assistance. Or look up the Manufacturer online and if they are still in business can offer some assistance or direct you to someone who can do it.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2011, 04:59 PM

Knowing the code alone won't help, once in programming, you need to be able to change, view, and save data, exit programming and understand the consequences of being wrong, If you own this house and is going to be local(not monitored), if moitored, might as well have them program this unless you feel capable, if so, I may be able to help.
    Some Big companies leave their Installer code so if they don't get the account, the next person/Company will have a problem, try googling panel unlocker and 1832 and see what pops up. Do you have a installer/program manual and default codes?
    Good Luck
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2011, 05:05 PM

You can view master code if you can get past Installer code, I think Location 007(verify with a manual)

Jan 25, 2011, 12:59 PM
    Comment on Stratmando's post
    I got the user manual on DSC's website, but not the installation/program manual and default codes. Is there somewhere relatively easy to find that?
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2011, 07:02 AM

As a dealer/installer, I can't provide for you, these people may, just register. If you don't have any luck, come back:
    DSC Installation Manuals, User Guides and Tech Data
    Knowing the Installer codes does not necessarily give an installer the ability to disarm or program when a system is in the Armed condition. System needs to be disarmed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dsc pc1832 how to reset installer code when you forgot it [ 7 Answers ]

How to reset installer code on a pc1832?

How to reset dsc alarm pc1832 [ 10 Answers ]

A friend had a problem with there alarm,there is no paper work for this panal and no codes at all,the panel is in a lockable box with no keys. I have forced the box and the panel inside is a pc1832/1864 I believe to reset the panel you have to short out pgrm1 and z1,I have done this but this has...

Programming a DSC PC1832 [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm installing and programming a basic home security system. I'm using a DSC PC1832 control panel. I have 2 keypads and a number of devices (door and window contacts, pir's, smoke and heat detectors). The home is divided into 2 suites (owner's and tenant's) and I've partitioned the...

Is there a way to reset master code on dsc 1832 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a DSC 1832 security system at my home but never got the master code from the installer who I have now lost touch with. I need to set the clock on my 5501 keypad and it appears that requires the master code. I have the installer code which is still the default code and I have my user code...

Prgramming the DSC PC1832 [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a PC1832 which gave me a big headache and spent one full Saturday without success. I connected the hardware but had major issue programming the system. Due to incorrect data entry, I believe the system locked up and all what I see is a symbol of keypad on the screen and --:--. As soon as I...

View more questions Search