Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drifter55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 05:03 AM
    Florida residents pay Georgia state taxes?
    Im a Florida OTR driver and my residence is in Florida. I report to work in Georgia, but draw a paycheck from a Florida based company. Am I required to pay Georgia state taxes?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 27, 2011, 05:00 PM
    Probably. Because you report to work IN Georgia, with a Georgia location as your home base, the state of Georgia considers the work to be done IN Georgia, despite the fact that you are probably out-of-state most of the time.

Same logic would apply if your hoem base was in Florida, which would make you exempt from any state income tax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes for out of state residents [ 3 Answers ]

Our company is located in GA, but several of employees are FL residents. How do I go about handling their tax withholdings?

I currently work in Afghanistan, Do I have to pay Georgia state taxes? [ 4 Answers ]

I currently work in Afghanistan, (Army Contractor) I work out of Ft. Lewis Washington and my home of residence is Georgia where my wife and kids are. My wife does not work. So should I have to pay Georgia State taxes? And if so, should it be a limited amount? I paid in close to $8,000 to state last...

Do I have to pay Georgia State taxes if I have my main residence in Florida but have [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have to pay Georgia State taxes if I have my main residence in Florida but have an apartment in Georgia? I work for an automotive manufacturer and travel to dealerships in Georgia, Alabama and Florida. I will retain my Florida Residency but the company I work for wants me to get an apartment...

NC state taxes for part time residents [ 1 Answers ]

If I claim to be a part time resident of North Carolina, do I have to pay NC state taxes on income from stock sales and savings interest. I have a permanent home/residence in FL. My current income was generated from a company that does work in NC.

State of Georgia Taxes [ 2 Answers ]

I owe about $3,300 for unpaid state taxes in Georgia and I tried to make payment arrangements to have money taken out of my payroll check to repay and was told when I called that they could not make arrangements with me and that I needed to pay the full amount. I don't have it to pay and just...

View more questions Search