Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chasesmommy Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jan 14, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Christmas Movie in the 80's
    I am looking to find out the name of a movie that came out in the 1980's - I believe. Anyway, it takes place around Christmas time, there are 2 kids - a brother & a sister - and their Dad is killed during a bank robbery, they are accidentally kidnapped by the robber when he steals their car, but no harm comes to them. They want to send a letter to Santa but their Mom doesn't "believe". I think there might even be an angel involved & at the end I'm pretty sure it turns out the Dad is alive. It's very fuzzy as I went to the movies to see it, that's why I'm pretty sure it was the 80's... so I was very young.

I have tried to find this movie for so long now but nobody every knows what I'm talking about. Please help!!
    chasesmommy Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Feb 3, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Thank you to anyone who read this & tried to help. I finally remembered 1 of the actors in it so I was able to look him up & find out all the movies he was in. The movie is One Magic Christmas[/U] from 1985. It stars Mary Steenburgen & Harry Dean Stanton. From the way they explained it on the 1 website it's almost like a Scrooge meets It's A Wonderful Life. I'm not sure if I had the whole description right as I haven't seen it in about 20 yrs so it's sort of blurry.

But anyway, I wanted to say thanks to anyone who was willing to try & attempt to figure this out & post the answer in case someone knew what I was talking about & wanted the answer to!

Have a great 1...
    RetroChick81 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 03:57 AM

It's called one magic christmas!
    It's a classic of mine as well!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

Movie Title Help? 80's Movie? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All. I need help with the title of a movie I remember from when I was younger. I think the movie was made in the 80's, but possibly early 90's. The main character was a man who came back to earth to help the son of a woman who he loved. She is now married and has a son in High School. I...

1980s kids christmas movie [ 5 Answers ]

OK, people keep on telling me I'm takling about toy story, but this film was NOT animated and I watched it when I was a little kid. I can only remember bits and pieces, something about a new toy for christmas for the kids that's under the tree, and all of the toys that these kids already have come...

Christmas House robbery movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I need some help trying to think of a title to a movie, I can't remember all the details, but here it goes. The movie is set at christmas, and the main actor (unknown) breaks into a house that contains a rich family. However the house has people in it and it's a family and they are always...

80s Children's Movie query: Christmas theme [ 3 Answers ]

'Kay, I've been looking for the title of this movie for a long time. I'm pretty sure it's from the 80s, but it may also be from the 70s. I watched this when I was very young, so the details are sketchy. And bear in mind that it may not even be American, although the actors speak English: It has...

View more questions Search