Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bryant23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 12:18 PM
    Ford diesel engine problem? - Ford E350 van 96 (diesel)
    Hi I have a Ford E350 van bus 96 (diesel) used for the transport of a church. The bus turns on but does not move, it moves very slowly as if I had some clogged filter or as if it were not pumping well. And you change the filter and checked several things and still continues with the ruling. I wonder if I can help and tell me the possible diagnoses. Thanks...
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2011, 12:53 PM

I sounds like there's a major problem with the transmission--it likely needs rebuilding or replacing. My guess would be that the clutch packs to first and second gear are shot. If I'm right, the lesson here is to drop and clean the pan, change the filter, and refill with full synthetic automatic transmission fluid every 30,000 miles; e.g. Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF. This will provide the margin of safety you need.
    Raysylvon Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Jun 25, 2011, 04:19 PM
    Raysylvon Hi I am a Christian Diesel Mechanic,

Not that makes me a better mechanic but I pray first and that counts.
    1. always replace fuel line filters & pcv valve.
    2. check transmission by taking out the plug and put finger in hole to see if you have fluid visually
    Check if no fluid fill and check for leaks from transmission.
    3. check drive shaft and joint for damages right up to bell housing again for leaks and damage.
    4. check linkage if its jammed, twisted out of line or broken.
    5. recheck all fluids.
    6. check vacuum lines and canister for lines broken or pulled off and vacuum canister for punctures.
    7. if non above the above work or not you should use plan to network your Church for good mechanics
    And helpers even if you have to find other churches you know or not. My prayer for you. Amen!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford f350 diesel Engine will not start cold, smoke leaks from the engine, fuel gage [ 2 Answers ]

Three Problems: 1. Engine will not start cold 2. Smokes leak out from top of the engine near the spark plug/glow plug (front of the engine) 4. Front gas tank gas indicator only shows empty, even if it is full. I recently bought a 83 Ford F350 Diesel Truck (dually) It was hard to cold start,...

2006 ford diesel engine problems [ 2 Answers ]

2006 f 350 diesel starts when cold and does not when hot and laso runs rough

Ford power stroke diesel engine [ 7 Answers ]

My 97 Ford f350 power stroke diesel quit on the way to work . The fuel filter was changed Then on the way home it quit again. After sitting for a little bit it started again. It will run good for about 15 minutes then shuts off. What could be wrong with it?

Ford 6.0 diesel engine problems [ 1 Answers ]

My 2005 ford 6.0 diesel started running ruff when I first crank the engine it in the mornings. This only lasts for about 5-15 seconds then smooths out and idles normally. The warms the engine gets the smoother it runs. This started a little over a week ago. In the past two days it has become...

Ford FL3500 DIesel Engine problem [ 1 Answers ]

I got a Ford FL 3500 Diesel Engine problem. Once I replaced injectors, solenoid switch, change engine oil, starter and alternator , fuel pump, batteries, all filters change. Thus problem as follow occurred: The diesel is not finished burnt in engine and turns to power. Speed and power is low...

View more questions Search