Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dee1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 10:07 AM
    How to convince my parents for intercaste marriage?
    I am a Hindu girl, and in love with a Hindu boy, but our castes are different, and my parents are against it. They are Orthodox, and believe that people who are from lower caste do not have good qualities, and therefore I cannot marry him. They warned me to forget about this relation several times. We have been in the relation for about 6 years, and his parents are OK with this, and ready to get us married . Moreover this boy works in the US. And my problems are doubled as I cannot decide anything alone, and need his support, but he is not available here when I need him. I'm totally helpless.I cannot marry anyone else, and we are best for each other, and honestly in love with each other. He is a very honest and caring toward me. How should I convince my people. They are very stubborn, and afraid of society and relations. Kindly suggest me
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2011, 10:09 AM

Not being Hindu, not being familiar with your caste system this is very difficult for me to understand and/or answer.

Have you explained to your parents exactly how you have explained it here - clearly and concisely?

I am somewhat concerned that you are unable to decide anything without your boyfriend's support and are "totally helpless" without him.

How old are you?
    dee1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 10:39 AM
    Hi Judy... I am 27 years old .I am from mudhiraj caste and he is from scheduled caste.
    I am a working professional with telecom and he works in US.I actually want it to be a happy marriage with my parent's consent.My boy friend's parents are helpful too.they approved our relation.But I need help to convicne my parents.as my parents are very orthodox.I do not want to elope and marry him.My parents are very nice people and I love them a lot.I'm confused now,as I'm adavncing in age and this is going nowhere.
    Im planning to apply for higher studies in US,so that I can go to my boyfriend but my parents won't let me go to US,neither will thy agree for my marrige with him.they want me to change my mind forget him and marry someone else,whomever they chose.but I cannot live with out him as we are committed honestly and believe in marrying and staying together for rest of our lives
    Trueblu Posts: 28, Reputation: 12

Feb 3, 2011, 08:04 PM
    Caste can only be determined by a man's character not his family heritage. Men are measured by their hearts not their wallets or wealth. Your parents are just afraid that no good can come from this young man. But you have to honor your parents. Don't be rebellious even though it is a silly rule to look down on a lower castes. Honor them by your honesty. Tell them how wonderful he is. Give them time to see if he is able to prove he is a good man. Be patient. You are in a very traditional family they will be guarding that tradition. But I am sure they really want to see you happy. Allow time to help you. I am sure when he is able to come home or see you. The time will come when you will see them look at things differently. Just take it slow. Things have a way of working out when you heart is on the live. Love conquers all--even the heart of stubborn parents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to convience parents to do intercaste marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hai I am the girl belongs to SC caste and for 1 1/2 yrs itself my office collegue(gounder) have affair with me both of them love each other.now in my house they are seeing alliance for me.on the same time in that guy house they are not accepting now,in this situtation he is asking to me what shall...

How to convince my girlfriend\'s parents for intercaste marriage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in relation since past 3 years and now she got engaged. After her engagement, we came to know that we can't live without each other and we have decided to ask our parents. But, I am a Brahmin and she is Rajput. Anyhow, I have convened my parents and now she has asked her parents...

Intercaste marriage . How do I convince girls mother. [ 7 Answers ]

I am a guy from bestha which is a lower catse in India. I am in love with a reddy girl.We are both well educated and very much in love. I am well off financially too. She was raised by a single mother who took a lot of pain to raise her. I have tried to talk to her mother but the only point of...

View more questions Search