Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jencal01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 09:41 AM
    Plumbing-bathroom remodel
    My current drain pipe for the bathtub is left, however, I bought a tub with center drain. Is it possible to get to the left drain without replumbing?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 23, 2011, 12:10 PM

No. You can use the old drain, but you will need to add a trap directly under new tub waste and overflow then pipe over to the existing drain and vent. This may require drilling some joist, or if on a slab, breaking up concrete and replumibing. Good luck and please let us know how things work out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing vent question on a remodel. [ 6 Answers ]

I am remodeling my home and need to tie into the existing vent and drain of a toilet - BUT - there is NO existing vent on that toilet and the soil pipe drops vertically from the toilet. So, can I a vent tie into that vertical pipe? If not, how do I correct this? If so, how far below the toilet can...

Bathroom remodel [ 5 Answers ]

Quick question: We are remodeling the master bathroom and need to move the toilet, sink and shower. Right now the toilet is on a dedicated drain line and the sink and shower share one. I'm will put in a P trap to use the toilet drain as the new shower drain. Can I combine the new sink drain and the...

Bathroom Remodel [ 11 Answers ]

I am buying an older duplex and plan to remodel and live in one side of it while I go to school nearby. I'm on a relatively limited budget so I'm trying to do as much of it myself as I can, but I am willing to call in the experts if need be. The bathroom is a good size, but I want to put the...

Kitchen remodel Plumbing stack in the way [ 7 Answers ]

1. The plumbing stack runs through a wall that I would like to remove 2. I pulled down the drywall ceiling and I see it runs from the basement straight up through the kitchen wall I would like to remove, then 90's towards the back of the house and then to a T joint for the shower drain which is...

Bathroom Remodel [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bathroom and want to move the water supply lines for the pedestal sink. They currently come out through the floor about 2" in from an exterior wall. This makes them somewhat of an eyesore with a pedestal sink. I want to move the supply lines so they continue through the floor to...

View more questions Search