Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heartache08 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Why is he so frustrated with me?
    My boyfriend and I broke up a week ago and I feel that he hates me now. Anything I say or do he gets so frustrated with me and I don't understand. For example, I called his mom because we were somewhat close (she treated me almost like her own daughter) and said "guess what.... dont tell Justin (my ex) but im going to....". I was just being her friend like I always have. I've called her many times before. So she called my ex and asked whast the hell is going on with me and him. She knows that we broke up, but I thought that her and I could still be friends. I love his mom.. . So he called me asking what the heck I said to his mom and that she thinks that I'm acting as if nothing has changed between me and him.. I just want to be friends with her... I don't know.. its all confusing... help anyone? Please.
    LadyMysticPegasus Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jan 14, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Heart Baby. Look. You can't be friends with your X's mom. I know you may have had a close relationship when you were with him but, you're not now. He's her son he comes first and he wins in her book , always.
    Also , you calling her it puts her in and awkward position. Even if you were friends before, That was different. Now you and her son have ended you're relationship and sadly but truthfully hers and yours as well.
    I think you're need to stay friends with her steams from the fact that you're not really over him. It's okay, It happens to all of us. If you're past the pillow crying stage. Try doing some confidence boosting activities. Get all dolled up and have a girls night out! Good Luck Girl!
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jan 14, 2007, 07:48 PM
    From the guy's perspective... You're still interfering with his life.

Your relationship is over, and while it's nice you want to try to maintain a relationship with his Mom, all you're really doing is putting your nose where it doesn't belong. It's like you're not letting go and moving on, trying to keep a thread into his life so you can remain attached somehow.

I'd find it creepy too...
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 08:25 PM
    This is kind of like stalking but instead of you watching him, your having his mother do it for you. His mother can't make him see you. And unless your harming him in some way she should not be interfering with this relationship.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Its sad but you just can't maintain a relationship with an ex's parents.

My ex's mum was like a second mother to me and it hurts a lot but we haven't spoken in over 6 months now after seeing one another almost daily.

My ex has managed to maintain some sort of relationship with my grandparents because she loved them so much but it is on the strict proviso that my grandparents don't discuss me to her and they don't tell me anything about her.

You just have to realise that when a relationship breaks down you often lose a lot more than just your partner. It isn't fun but a reality unfortunately.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Your world has changed, not only with the ex, but with the his family and friends also. You must change too. By making new friends and leaving the past in the past. Sad but true. It's a new day in your life and takes a lot of adjustments.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2007, 12:55 PM
    He's probably hurt and resentful over you breaking up with him. And now that you're broken up with him he may not appreciate your attempts to continue to be friendly with his mother. He probably now sees you as the enemy who wounded his heart and his pride. He probably now feels that you're trying to steal his mother's loyalty away from him. He probably also feels that your friendship with his mother was a "fringe benefit" of your having a relationship with him and, since you've chosen to end things with him, are no longer entitled to that friendship with his mother. I know that this may sound silly to a lot of people but this is the typical mindset of a man who feels jilted. Actually, considering the circumstances, I think it'd be a very kind, unselfish thing to lay off where his mother is concerned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Frustrated: [ 10 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, My wife and I have been married for over 2 years! We have recently experienced some communication problems with each other and now she is not wanting to have sex that much anymore. She says her peak has passed her (she is 30)! Any suggestions!

Frustrated [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, Can anyone help me!! I have and older Goodman Gas Furnace Model# GMPH080-5-Rev B, I cannot find any information on this unit. Is it 1 0r 2 stage everything happens as it should, burners ignite etc. but only cold air comes out on my side of the house, the kids side has a separate...

Frustrated [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! My husband and I have been trying to conceive now for three months, and normally my cycles are pretty regular... in the past I have had a 21 day cycle and oved on the cd 10. This month that was still the same, but I didn't get my AF until DPO 15! I also started spotting 3 days before only...

Sexually Frustrated [ 15 Answers ]

I know I said that I am waiting till I am married before I ever have a sexual relationship again, but its harder than I thought it would be. I am very frustrated. Its not like I am in a situation where I can have sex for a while and If I was I can't bring myself to just sleep with anyone and I am...

Lonely and Frustrated [ 5 Answers ]

My b/f is very good to me. We've been together for over 3 years. He always look out for me financially, calls me 2 or 3 times everyday and he says he wants to marry me. The problem is he has not spent any time with me for 3 months. He says he going through some things right now. He has a very...

View more questions Search