Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbaca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 12:32 PM
    No HOT water in my tub
    Cold water comes out of the faucet but when it is turned to hot it is just a trickle of cold water. I have a garden and stand up side by side so the pipes are not easily exposed. I have taken the faucet apart until reaching the 4-way fused to the actual pipes. There is no chance of a frozen pipe. Hot water comes through every single outlet including my shower just not my tub. I have heard of specifically a hot water valve shut off for tub but cannot seem to find one anywhere on my property. If you may have any input please feel free to share, I just want to make sure ALL bases are covered before the expence of a plumber.
    truck 41 Posts: 221, Reputation: 21

Jan 22, 2011, 09:34 PM

Hello tbaca, it sounds like you may have a single handle moen valve in which case you will need to replace the cartridge, or turn off water to home and take out the cartridge and try to free up the little piston that is in the center of the cartridge. But let us know what brand of valve you have for further instructions. Thanks ----zeke----

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure to tub (only) after replacing hot water tank [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced my hot water tank and installed a new one. Now, the hot water pressure in the shower/bathtub (only) is weak - all other faucets seem normal, and the cold water in the shower is fine. Water pressure was fine before I replaced the tank, the problems with the old one were that the...

No hot water in one of showers, hot water in sink but not the tub and shower. [ 1 Answers ]

We just purchased a condo with no hot water in on of showers, hot water in sink but not the tub and shower. It is a Moen single handle the controls the tub abd shower, you pull up the stopper on the tub facet and the water comes out the shower. It seems that the handle should turn 270 deg like the...

No hot water on the shower but hot water on the tub & sink [ 39 Answers ]

Hi, I work at a hotel that has a 105 rooms in total. For the past several weeks, we've been having some hot water issue. Randomly, the rooms are not getting hot water on the shower however there is hot water on the sink & the tub. Our maintenance worked on the problem for several weeks but...

No Hot Water to shower head, but Hot water to the Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a new house. We have found that the shower pressure in the bathroom is wonderful however once you have set the right temp from the tub spout and switch over to the shower no hot water makes it to the shower head. We can only turn off the cold water completely in...

View more questions Search