Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dweiderman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 07:04 PM
    Won't reach the set temp won't turn on unless you blow on burners
    We were sitting on watching TV tonight talking about how cold it is -24 when I said why is it not getting any warmer in here? We checked the temp and the inside temp was down to 65 but the set temp is set at 70. We went down to look at the furnace changed the air filter and replaced batteries on digital thermostat now it will not reach set temp and if it shuts off the burners will not turn on unless you blow on them.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2011, 07:13 PM
    Are you on propane or NG? Sometimes this is caused by low gas pressure and at -24 propane might be slow to vaporize.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant furnace don't turn off after reaching the set temp [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have 10 year old bryant 80+ furnace and programmable thermostat which I replaced with new one to fix this problem. The furnace will work fine start and stop if I keep the temp at 63 degree. If I rase the temp to 65 degree it will not turn of and will keep running until you turn off te...

Furnace does not reach set temp [ 1 Answers ]

I have a similar problem re: a gas furnace that stops before reaching the desired temperature on the thermostat. I just replaced my old analog thermostat with a new digital programmable one but the problem persists. I replaced the furnace filter and cleaned the dust from the furnace but this did...

Heat not kicking on until the temp dips below 64 degrees, target temp set to 72 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first time posting here, but I figured it was a good place to start for some advice. I just bought a new townhouse a few weeks ago and have been having some heating issues since moving in. The actual furnace (Goodman GMS 8045) was installed in June of '06 while the unit was...

Furnace not kicking on when temp drops below thermostat set temp [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a Beckett oil heat water on demand furnace that heats through baseboards. Since this past weekend the furnace hasn't been kicking on when the temperature drops below my set temp of 68 degrees. I have to go down to the furnace and simply touch the top of the reset box for it to kick on. ...

Goodman furnace cycles but does not reach set temp [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Goodman 70,000 BTU, up flow gas furnace (GMV950704CXA) with a Honeywell (RTH 7500D) thermostat installed, November 2006. The unit worked fine until outside temperature went into the 20s. Unit fires and goes through normal sequence and runs for approximately 7 minutes, then cycles down...

View more questions Search