Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kashumz Posts: 137, Reputation: 4

Jan 14, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Mentall illness?
    I'm a very sensitive soul. I have lots of fears and I get set off very easily. There are times
    when I can burst into tears for no reason and there are times when I'm really cranky. Not every few days but more of every day. I cry a lot. I get depressed easily.

So I was wondering if I do have something like depression or not.

I haven't started my period yet so it doesn't have anything to do with that.

Could it have something to do with my home? My mom and dad fight a lot.

Someone please reply asap. =l
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 14, 2007, 03:35 PM
    kashumz sorry to hear that you are feeling the way you are !

I think that its time that you sat down and talked things over with your doctor, or maybe a school school counselor as I get the feeling you may be still very young or maybe some one that's a close friend that you feel you can talk to and be very open.

You need to see all the good things about yourself and not worry about what's going on, I'm sure that with a little help you will be back to being 100% yourself before you even know it.
    TUNKIESMOM Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 10:42 PM
    First you should talk to your parents then you my want to see a docter tell them how you fell I was 16 when I was told I am bipolar the meds they put me on helped but you still have to be willing to work hard at solving problems and living in day to day life and stresses we are all worth life and living but we just have to work at it
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2007, 10:48 PM
    You said it yourself that you are a sensitive soul. Some people consider that to be a negative or for it not to be a good thing. I think it is important to be a sensitive soul, the only thing with a sensitive soul is that it is easier to get hurt. More people take advantage of that.

Never ever think your depressed just because you're a very sensitive person. Your emotional and some people are naturally emotional.

I do believe that when parents are fighting that it does effect the child. A parent should never fight around a child, unless they are able to work it out in a good positive way. Then that shows you how to handle things better.

I do not think you need medicine, too many people are in for quick fixes. Drugs and other things.

Counseling is not a bad idea because you will be able to share your thoughts and they will be able to give you ways of coping with different situations and how to get you into a more positive, light.

Hope this helps you.

Joe
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Jan 22, 2007, 01:10 AM
    I agree with the others. Sit down and talk with your parents. They need to know how you feel. They may not realize their fighting is affecting you. Your being more sensitive and anxious could be a reaction from the fighting.
    As you said you haven't started your period yet, I'm assuming you're about that age or close to it. Usually a year maybe less prior to your period starting, your body prepares for it. Moodiness, being tearful, and depression, are common signs you could be due for it.
    Your best bet is to talk with your parents or a school councelor.
    Hopefully all works out for you.
    Krathen Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 12:57 AM
    It sounds like you have some form of depression or depression like illness. It could be simply transitory or like myself be a permanent thing. I suggest going to your parent(s) and asking to go to a doctor, or if you are over 18 going to a doctor on your own. This can be treated and you will generally "not just get over it."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mental illness [ 12 Answers ]

Are there any government programs that will train the mentally ill for employment? Thanks, L.E.

Addiction or Mental Illness [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I have a sister that has hit rock bottom. I do not know how to help her. I am not sure if she is depressed or having withdrawals from a diet pill (Didrex), she doesn't take them to loose weight, she takes them for the high. She has been taking them for about four years and her tolerance...

Do I have mental illness [ 6 Answers ]

Do I have mental illness?I can't control my anger always.. I easily get mad and want to turned something to a big fight always.. How do I deal with my anger management problem?is there any medication for this?

Please help a family in need due to illness [ 4 Answers ]

We are in desperate need. Please any little bit helps. Even if it is a dollar it adds up. I am not trying to get rich, just save our home and family. If you want proof this is legitimate I can provide it. I feel that God will bless those who helps others. I have been diagnosed with myasthenia...

Illness or liar [ 1 Answers ]

someone I know has this problem where her husband says horrible things to her during bedtime and then he doesn't remember them the next day. Once she had a medical emergency and he said he didn't care whether she went to the E.R. or not and to figure it out her f*&^%$# self. When she heard some...

View more questions Search