Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Susan.ahl1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 10:24 AM
    What causes mold on wall in bathroom behind tolet and straight up the wall?
    There is mold on the wall where the toilet is located and in patches straight up the wall
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 12:10 PM

There is moisture in the wall. Drywall will suck it up like a wick. You may need a new wax seal on the toilet or the water line feeding the toilet has a slow leak.

You need to get the mold under control immediately. It can cause a lot of health problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mold behind wall in Shower.. [ 3 Answers ]

We bought a upper townhouse 2 years ago. The onsuite has a shower. It is tiled on the floor and walls, with a glass door that opens up. There is also a 6 inch step to get into it. When we bought it looked liked clean and there was relatively fresh cauking all around the shower. We have always...

How to drill a straight hole through a wall [ 3 Answers ]

How to drill a straight hole through a wall

Can mold come through a brick wall or tile? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter-in-law has been looking into renting a building for a daycare. We here that it may have mold. How can we tell? The walls of this building is brick and has tile on the floors. We stripped the floors this weekend, after about and hour with the doors open the floor never dried. It did...

Mold on wall [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old house and have been hanging my shower towel on a hook that is against a wall since I've lived in the house. Now, it seems there is a small amount of mold on the wall where the towel has been hanging. Right now it's just a dark discoloring. My question is, is this most likely...

Mold on outside cinder block wall [ 2 Answers ]

I have black mold growing on my outside cinder block wall sourendering my back yard. I live in Las Vegas so the climate is dry but watering the lawns is causing the mold to grow since we have to water in the evenings so the water does evaporate so fast due to the hot climate. How do I remove this...

View more questions Search