Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronbg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 08:50 AM
    I have a carrier heat pump freezin up
    It is a split system we have changed the computer board,the defrost thermostat,the contacts and the unit won't stay in to defrost long enough to melt the ice off the out side what can I try next.it is 17yrs old and I don't have any more ideas of what to do HELP ?
    HVAC2011 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2011, 01:29 PM
    Either another bad defrost board or its low on refrigerant.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2011, 12:53 PM
    Have you checked the charge? Properly charged units will defrost in the time allotted. It was -12 here the other night, and mine defrosted without incident.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Heat Pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 ton Carrier Heat Pump Heating and AC unit. Lately, the unit has been making a horrendous, loud bass trombone sound. This sound comes from the outside unit that houses the fan and compressor. It occurs when the heater/blower in the atic is NOT on. The sound is so loud that it wakes me up...

Carrier package heat pump cooling in heat mode. WHy? [ 0 Answers ]

Carrier package heat pump cooling in heat mode. WHy?

Installed a honeywell pro6000 stat on a carrier heat pump, cooling mode is heat pump [ 2 Answers ]

Installed a honeywell pro6000 stat on a carrier heat pump, cooling mode is heat pump

I have a Carrier 24HNA636A310 Heat pump. Does the Heat pump mode run on both speeds? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a new Carrier Infinity 25HNA636A310 compressor. Does it run in both speeds when in heat mode

Carrier heat pump [ 14 Answers ]

I Have A Carrier Heat Pump Moel #38ycb036300 That Was Working Fine Yesterday. Today It Will Not Come On. Thermostat Is Okay. What Should I Look For, Is Their Any Problem Parts In Extreme Heat? I Used It On And Off For The Last Two Days After A Six Month Rest. Minor Usage For The Heat This Winter....

View more questions Search