Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annziikinssx Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 05:53 AM
    Getting my cartilage pierced!
    I am going to centre parks at the beginning on march so I will be in and out of the pool a lot! If I get my upper ear cartilage pierced, would I be able to go swimming a lot? Thanks for your help everyone in advance!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 21, 2011, 06:53 AM

I wouldn't go swimming in a public pool, just getting a piercing, until it is completely healed. Otherwise you are open for infection.

Tick

Jan 23, 2011, 05:18 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    How long does it take to heal?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 23, 2011, 07:16 AM

Depends on how well you keep it clean and don't fool around with it. Everyone is different. I would say it should be completely healed in a month.

Jan 23, 2011, 02:31 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Good because I'm going in more than a month and I clean in 2 or 3 times a day and I am really careful with it, thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I pierced my own cartilage and it REALLY hurts [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I know it had to be one of the stupidest things ever but yes I did let my friend pierce my cartilage 5 days ago. I didn't hurt at all when I did it. We iced it, they marked the spot with a pin, and they stuck the ear ring through. That night and the next day I was fine, but now it's...

I pierced my own cartilage [ 5 Answers ]

I pierced my own Cartilage yesterday and it doesn't hurt and I'm fine and what not and I got my cartilage pierced before but it got infected and closed so I perced it in the same spot yesterday, but I was wondering what are the chances of my cartilage shattering?

Can I get my cartilage pierced again? After it has rejected? [ 0 Answers ]

I went with 2 other friends of mine and we all got the piercing but I got it lower down rather than the top of the ear. It seemed fine and after 2 months I changed the bar, then I noticed that I had a bump going round the back of the bar. After a few weeks it was slowly getting bigger( it wasn't...

I just got my cartilage pierced [ 8 Answers ]

And the piercer told me to clean it four to five times a day for two weeks, then only clean it 2-3 times a day. He told me to rotate it back and forth cause I got it done with a needle, and they gave me a hoop. Is that the wrong thing to do? It has been a few days now, and my ear hurts when I touch...

View more questions Search