Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sirthomas40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Burned Tongue
    I burned my tongue with Listerine, and I can't taste certain foods, and the inside of my mouth has a metallic taste, what can be done about this?
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Taste abnormalities, like loss of taste, are usually described as a metallic taste in mouth. The tongue can "taste" only sweet, salty, sour, and bitter sensations. Much of what is perceived as "taste" is actually smell. Taste abnormalities can be caused by anything that interrupts the transfer of taste stimuli to the brain, or conditions that affect the way the brain interprets taste stimuli - in your case it's your burnt tongue and is what is causing your loss of taste and the metallic sensation/taste you're experiencing.
    You could try rinsing with a weak salt water solution (table salt). It may help, but other than that there is little you can do - It will heal on it own. Be more careful next time. Hope you start feeling better.
    -Kae

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't play burned CDs Help [ 2 Answers ]

I have real one player and windows media player and tried to burn CD's using brand new Maxell CD'R CD's. I first tried burning in Windows Media player, everything said that all was burned OK, yet there was nothing on the CD. Tried using the realone player and it said that all was completed...

Burned thermostat ? [ 2 Answers ]

Goodmorning to all. My bathroom water heater mulfunctions frequently (every 2 months or so) in the sense that it burns the thermostat and hence cannot heat the water. Instead of replacing the thermostat all the time or changing the heater itself, does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

TV Burned out [ 1 Answers ]

What would cause my TV and my wireless modem to burn out?

Backlight Burned Out [ 1 Answers ]

My 2003 Honda Accord EX has a problem with the backlighting on the radio and the ac controls. All the lights have gone out, but everything else on it seems to work still. I have looked for a blown fuse but could not find one. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search