Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junior23 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Repo
    How badly does a voluntary car repo effect your credit score ? And is there such a thing a voluntary repo to begin with
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2007, 10:51 PM
    A repo is still a repo not really any different.

Unless they will agree ( and seldom do) after they take the car back, even if you just give it to them, they sell it and you still owe the difference from what they sell it for and how much you owe.
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Jan 15, 2007, 09:58 PM
    Yes, there is a distinction on the credit bureaus between an "involuntary repo" and a "voluntary repo". However, there is no distinction between them as far as how they affect your credit and your credit scores. Likely, your scores will drop dramatically, depending on where they were to begin with.
    SkYler91 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 05:54 PM
    Voluntary rep for the new motorcycle 2006 I just brought.. can't afford any more monthly payment and had been up on the ads.. no response..

What is the steps for volunaty repo and do I need to continues to pay any fee after the motorcyle been taken away? Any advice will be helpful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection on a Repo [ 6 Answers ]

My husband had a car repoed back in 2000, with a balance of about $9000. He had been paying $50mo. To a collection agency up until the end of October. A different collection agency has offered him a settlement of about $3,600 if he can pay it in full. He agreed, and asked them to send us a...

Repo [ 1 Answers ]

We just got our truck repo-ed. We have had it for 5 yrs paying on it and recently we were not able to make the payments so we were 75days behind. We sent in a payment last week which was returned. So, now our truck got repo-ed. When we called to see about making arrangements to get our (ex)...

They won't repo my car? [ 4 Answers ]

This is a heck of a story. I'll try to be short. An ex-girlfriend and I ran away to Chicago back in 2001. We bought a car from a small local dealer. We used her credit to purchase the car. We broke up and I moved back to Michigan a few months later. I called the dealership and asked if my...

Repo Question [ 2 Answers ]

If a vehicle is repossessed by the dealer that sold it to you and resale’s the vehicle for more then you owed on the loan, who would be entitled to the extra money?

Repo [ 1 Answers ]

I had my car repossed by the bank for non -=payment... the bank ( credit union) has sent me something which indicates how mucha the car was for tax purposes/.. /.. how does repo affect your income taxes?

View more questions Search