Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junior23 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Small business tax right offs
    I am thinkig about starting a small siding company and was wondering about tax right offs.This business will be based out of a home office so can I right off part off the house for company office space also what can I right off as far as exspences provided I keep reciepts for every thing .My wife would be running to office aspect and she is great with book keeping and data entry and good at numbers and general office duties .I am confident I can make this a profitable business but would need to account for every cent spent.Any help would be great thanks..
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 14, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Your ideas have merit.

However, the part of the house used for the business must be used exclusively for the business. In other word, you cannot use your kitchen or dining room table. A separate room is best. Also, assuming you will use a computer for bookkeeping and such, make sure you have a second computer for your personal use IF the business computer is in the business area. If you use your business computer in your business-part of the home for personal use, you then completely invalidate the Home Office Deduction.

Good luck on your business!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting my own small business [ 17 Answers ]

I am trying to start my own lawn business and I've already have some business cards put out on mailboxes ext. and flyers.now my question is how long do I have to wait before someone calls it been 3 weeks now.

Small business [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently 17 years old... I am toying with the idea of starting a card business... I will begin as a sole trader... but hopefully develop into a larger force opening stores around scotland by 2010... will I survive in such a market... and is it wise taking such a risk at a critical stage of my...

Starting small business [ 2 Answers ]

Helloe I am trying to find out what business license,permits,insurance&bonds if any is needed? My business is a small delivery service for energy & oilfeild companys.

How to start a small business [ 3 Answers ]

:D looking to start a auto transport company

Small business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is Joshua and I plan on starting my own business painting homes. My question is do I need and contractors licence or can I just use a business licence?

View more questions Search