Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kalama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 11:27 AM
    My Bank account was frozen for a past creditor,and I have direct deposit going into my account next week. Will I be able to withdraw my funds?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 14, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Probably not. If the garnishment is still in effect.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2007, 01:06 PM
    No, if your bank account is frozen pending an attachment (garnishment) to take the funds they need to cover your debt.

If you put more money in that account it is frozen along with the other money. Once you deposit money it will be also frozen
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2007, 02:03 PM
    No. Your best bet would be to stop the direct deposit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen Bank Account [ 7 Answers ]

My bank account was recently frozen because of an outstanding credit card balance. I live paycheck to paycheck, I called the bank and they just said an order was put through and that there was nothing they could do. I called the number the bank gave me for the company that got the judgement. I...

Bank account frozen [ 1 Answers ]

I've read several questions on the topic of judgements from creditors freezing or levying bank accounts. Unfortunately, we received some very bad advice from a debt settlement company and allowed a judgement to be put on us. The debt is mine from being unemployed for an extended time but I was...

I Am Unemployed And Have A Frozen Account [ 3 Answers ]

I Am Currently Unemployed And My Account Has Been Frozen. In That Case What Should Be My Course Of Action Or Should I Leave It Alone Since I Do Not Have Any Money To Hire A Lawyer To Go To Bankruptcy.

Frozen bank account [ 1 Answers ]

A judgement has my bank account frozen. Apparently the credit card company sued me after I moved and sent notices to my old address for 4 years. The debt collectors/bottom feeders told me the credit card company sent me a settlement offer in October 2006 to my old address. I never received any...

Checking account frozen [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My mother had her bank account frozen due to her credit card situation. Where can she cash her Social Security checks, Thanks

View more questions Search