Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tb777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 03:04 PM
    Violation of Privacy Act? My privacy rights violated?
    My landlord in retaliation for me serving him with a 60 day notice to move because he failed to fix problems told a creditor who was only calling to verify my resident that [YES I LIVE THERE AND I WAS LATE ON MY RENT AT THIS TIME] the vendor denied me the credit I needed because of that statement. Were my rights violated?
    Terry
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 03:07 PM

What vendor?

You don't mean HIPAA rights do you?

How were your rights violated? You were late on your rent, so, from what you typed, someone did not want to extend you credit based on this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Privacy act violation? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a local business owner who usually becomes very connected with my customers. A few days ago one of my customers/freind came to me with something that really shocked me and I am trying my best to help her with this situation. Here is the scenerio... She was in a car accident that was not her...

Privacy Act Violation [ 4 Answers ]

I was just wondering if you can tell me if I have an account at a credit union, and no one is on the account but me, should balance information or any information be given to anyone but myself? I'm a employee of the credit union, and my spouse has an account there, but I'm not on his account. He...

Privacy act violation [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if a parent of an adult student, who works part time and claimed herself when filling her taxes, which she had to do because of the amount of her income, can demand to see that adult child's W2 form. This adult student is from a divorced family and lives with her mother. The...

HIPPA or Privacy Act violation ? [ 2 Answers ]

My Girlfriend works as a Medical Assistant and she uses her office doctors and interns as her primary care provider. A co worker that works in medical billing and records, has told friends of ours about her medical history and office visits concerning her and her family( son ) These friends...

Violation of privacy act [ 3 Answers ]

I was a defendant in a small claims suit. The plaintiff was suing myself and our daughter for an unpaid loan that she had signed a contract with him when she was 19. He produced a letter from a used car dealer that stated that I had sold them a car and the amount that I received. Does this...

View more questions Search