Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    butch985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 02:48 PM
    Is it OK to repeatedly send home an employee?
    My fiancé has been sent home many times because the place she is hired was not busy shouldn't other people get sent home fist after she has been sent home again and again but not others?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2011, 03:24 PM

Does she belong to a union? Is there an employment contract?

If not, it's employment at will and the employer gets to make the rules.

Was she the last one hired or does she do a job no one else does and so when she's not needed - she's not needed? I don't understand why she's always the one to be sent home. Do you know?
    butch985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 03:53 PM
    She is a waitress at dennys and the reason she always is the one to be sent home is because 2 of the managers don't like her but that's not anything that can be acted upon or proven but I just thought that maybee since you have to call in 2 hours in advance if your not going to be able to come in and work your shift that this should go both ways they will wait till she comes in or 5 min. before her shift and call here at home to tell her it just doesn't seem right.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2011, 04:57 PM

Denny's does have (or did have, my stepdaughter worked there in college) a written PR policy. What does it say?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my new HP 8500a Plus send faxes back to my home number? [ 2 Answers ]

I chose the fax number from speed dial and also entered it manually. I have sent faxes to this number before. The machine has a touch screen. When I hit send the screen tells me the fax is being sent to the number I selected. Suddenly the number on the screen changes the moment the documents start...

Can I send an employee home? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Can I send an employee home if their attitude is affecting other employees? Thanks

Should I send her home [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old and her father is not a bad man I was into drugs and traveled a lot and it took me awhile to get clean I have been clean for 2 years now and me and the father have joint custody and he has custodial and well my child keeps getting head lice every time she comes over and he...

Boss angry, employee sent home [ 2 Answers ]

If your boss is annoyed because you left work to take your child to school and your wife could not because other child had severe ear infection; and you were punished by being sent home although you have much work to do. The boss referred to it as punishment for standing up for myself and did not...

View more questions Search