Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2011, 01:02 PM
    US Government Officials Admit That They Lied About Actual Impact Of Wikileaks
    US Government Officials Admit That They Lied About Actual Impact Of Wikileaks To Bolster Legal Effort | Techdirt

So... it seems rather interesting to see that US officials are now admitting that no serious "harm" has been caused by the leaks. In fact, the White House has admitted privately that it purposely lied about the supposed impact " in order to bolster legal efforts to shut down the WikiLeaks website and bring charges against the leakers." Implicated as chief among the official liars: State Department spokesperson PJ Crowley, who lead the propaganda campaign against Wikileaks for the past few months, claiming "there has been substantial damage," and that "hundreds of people have been put at potential risk." And yet, when Congress asked the State Department to back up those statements, officials told them it really wasn't that big of a deal.
    Well we saw that coming a mile away.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2011, 01:10 PM

What a surprise ! The Obots think the Wikileaks espionage is no biggie! No doubt they are secretly cheering Assange on .
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2011, 01:11 PM
    Hehe, "Obots" - how juvenile.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2011, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    What a suprise ! The Obots think the Wikileaks espionage is no biggie !! No doubt they are secretly cheering Assange on .
    Hello tom:

Not only is it no biggie, it's been a tremendous boon to us. Assange fomented the uprising in Tunisia.. That's GOOD for us and our war on terror... It's certainly GOOD for the Tunisians. Other corrupt Arab regimes may begin to fall. That's GOOD for us and the war on terror. Transparency is GOOD. People do the right things when they know the TRUTH. The TRUTH shall set you free.

You betcha I'm cheering Assange on, and not so quietly either... He's a PATRIOT of the first magnitude...

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2011, 02:18 PM
    So this is the big deal... the US government lied... you telling us that like we don't know they lie... I think it's called spin... who knows Assange may even be responsible for the US taking a more reasonable approach to China
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2011, 04:08 PM

You mean sucking up ,bowing and surrendering to the cadres.
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2011, 04:25 PM
    you mean sucking up ,bowing and surrendering to the cadres.
    Yeh, that's it, showing some oriental respect instead of shooting the big mouth off. Sometimes all it takes is putting yourself in the other fellows shoes.

I recall when we had a visit from Bush with the Chinese leader the following day. The reception couldn't be more different and the mood of the protesters couldn't be more different. You can't treat everyone the same, one is not offended by protesters the other is
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2011, 05:37 PM

I wouldn't allow the butcher of Beijing into the country.
    Besides ,he is China's old news . The officer corps has taken over the country . Hu didn't even know the Chengdu J-20 was going to be rolled out during Def Sec Gates visit.

You along with the rest of the free world should be concerned that a schism exists between the Communist dictatorship and a heavily armed expansionist military.

They have been testing the borders all year ;including excursions into disputed borders with India and into North Korea... and yet the
    World press remains silent .

Report: Chinese Troops Cross Into Indian Territory - CBS News

China Moves Troops Into North Korea - Salem-News.Com

They have had provocations against Japan ;are surronding India with their 'string of pearls ' strategy... and are occupying any uninhabited atoll in the South China Sea... even planting their flag with a sub on the sea foor itself .

You see them as a trading partner for your flooded coal mines... but they will soon dictate to you too.
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2011, 06:04 PM
    I wouldn't allow the butcher of Beijing into the country.
    Besides ,he is China's old news . The officer corps has taken over the country . Hu didn't even know the Chengdu J-20 was going to be rolled out during Def Sec Gates visit.

You along with the rest of the free world should be concerned that a schism exists between the Communist dictatorship and a heavily armed expansionist military.

They have been testing the borders all year ;including excursions into disputed borders with India and into North Korea ....and yet the
    world press remains silent .

Report: Chinese Troops Cross Into Indian Territory - CBS News

China Moves Troops Into North Korea - Salem-News.Com

They have had provocations against Japan ;are surronding India with their 'string of pearls ' strategy ...and are occupying any unihabited atoll in the South China Sea ...even planting their flag with a sub on the sea foor itself .

You see them as a trading partner for your flooded coal mines ...but they will soon dictate to you too.
    You wouldn't allow the butcher of Beijing into your country and I wouldn't allow Bush, the butcher of Baghdad, into mine. Yes we'll sell them coal and gas but you know Tom, restriction of supply hurts them, particularly if they have to buy at spot prices, What would you have us do? Not sell to them so the US could grab the supply contracts or force another war over commodities.

Over here we think white man speak with forked tongue. We know from experience your only real interest is what you can grab for yourselves, whether that be wheat supply contacts to Iraq or selling uranium to India. Your rhetoric is whatever conveniently suits the moment. When will Gitmo be shut down or do you need it to house Assange?

We have no interst in occupying atolls in the South China Sea but oddly enough the US sees things differently, still occupying atolls in the South Pacific and parts of Japan.

I'm not too concerned about Chinese internal politics and their military because any direction they might go isn't south. If I lived in Russia I might be concerned, but India, No I expect they see a nuclear armed nation with whom they have a border dispute and they take appropriate action. If the US lived with a nuclear armed nation or two on their borders they would be busily surrounding them. I place China in the same context as I place Russia, they have been invaded by their neighbours in the past and they are paranoid, I think some of that paranoia exists in the US too
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 03:56 AM

I wouldn't allow the butcher of Baghdad into mine
    The butcher of Baghdad ? Neither would I . Fortunately he lies a-mouldering in the grave.

When will Gitmo be shut down
    When the Obots conduct military tribunals . What's taking them so long ? All the hurdles have been cleared and they are indicating that they will conduct them.
    We have no interst in occupying atolls in the South China Sea... I'm not too concerned about Chinese internal politics and their military because any direction they might go isn't south.
    No but the Chinese certainly do . They see the South China Sea as their lake. Oh ,I get it... you think they will stop at the Philippines... lol . When you lose the US security blanket I guess you'll be content living behind the rice curtain.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 06:23 AM
    The butcher of Baghdad ? Neither would I . Fortunately he lies a-mouldering in the grave.

When the Obots conduct military tribunals . What's taking them so long ? All the hurdles have been cleared and they are indicating that they will conduct them.

No but the Chinese certainly do . They see the South China Sea as their lake. Oh ,I get it ...you think they will stop at the Phillipines ....lol . When you lose the US security blanket I guess you'll be content living behind the rice curtain.
    Bush is the butcher of Baghdad, Tom, count the hundreds of thousands who died for the impossible dream.

Military tribunals, you mean shamtrials. The reason they haven't happened is you have no evidence to convict. All you can really prove is opportunity and that which has been extracted by torture and brutality

We well remember the US security blanket, Tom, and we remember how well you maintained the threat of the iron curtain, and the rice curtain. I think they have proved to be a myth. I'm not sure the planes the US will supply us with are up to the task. You see, when you force others to innovate they come up with innovative solutions. You can run a few aircraft carriers around the Pacific but I'm not sure they represent a security blanket. The Chinese prefer walking to sailing, far easier to move a million men. You will maintain your interest in the Philippines but when it is lost, will you retreat to Hawaii or LA? You need to remember we have seen the scenario you advance before.

You have long forgotten the communist maxim and I will remind you again. We will sell the last capitalist the rope to hang himself. Consider how the Chinese have advanced themselves along the road because I expect the gallows to be built with american timber. Not only have you exported your industries to them, you have borrowed money from them to buy the goods they make
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 07:48 AM

You have long forgotten the communist maxim and I will remind you again. We will sell the last capitalist the rope to hang himself. Consider how the Chinese have advanced themselves along the road because I expect the gallows to be built with american timber. Not only have you exported your industries to them, you have borrowed money from them to buy the goods they make
    Nahhh they will use Aussie steel.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello tom:

Not only is it no biggie, it's been a tremendous boon to us. Assange fomented the uprising in Tunisia.. That's GOOD for us and our war on terror... It's certainly GOOD for the Tunisians. Other corrupt Arab regimes may begin to fall. That's GOOD for us and the war on terror. Transparency is GOOD. People do the right things when they know the TRUTH. The TRUTH shall set you free.

You betcha I'm cheering Assange on, and not so quietly either... He's a PATRIOT of the first magnitude...

excon
    So when he outright stole US docs by pirate methods and publishing them you think he's a HERO. I'm not talking about Manning's dump as bad as it is , I'm talking about his computers in Sweden gaining acess to US military hard drives by some means I'm not clear about but it involved piggy backing and on peer to peer emails the soldiers use when they share music files .
    WikiLeaks obtains much secret data from P2P nets, not leaks, firm claims - Computerworld .

That is theft... a criminal act by itself regardless of what Assange ;the self proclaimed arbiter of what the public should know, thought was worth revealing .

However ,the information he revealed was harldy the inconsequential stuff you think. This goes well beyond a joke a diplomat said about Putin .He is revealing things like where the Navy was placing sensors in the Pacific... or the locations of 'safe houses ' for the First Family ,or specifications about the President's helicopter . This is not whistle blower stuff ;it is not journalism... it is espionage plain and simple .

Eric Holder has to do everything in his power to shut down Wikileaks .
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 08:29 AM
    I'm talking about his computers in Sweden gaining acess to US military hard drives by some means I'm not clear about but it involved piggy backing and on peer to peer emails the soldiers use when they share music files .
    WikiLeaks obtains much secret data from P2P nets, not leaks, firm claims - Computerworld
    Yup when some noob shares their entire hard drive with a peer-to-peer application the contents of his hard drive are available to all who use the same application. It isn't hacking. Everyone can see the contents by doing keyword searches, even you. If you think Assange is a criminal then you need to go after around 20 million other people who get their kicks searching for stuff on P2P networks for stuff inadvertently shared by people unclear on the technology they are using.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 08:32 AM

He had hardware that was programmed to troll for national security related information... it is theft and piracy and espionage.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 08:34 AM
    That is theft ...a criminal act by itself regardless of what Assange ;
    Hello tom:

Who owns the information the government has? The government?? You? Me? I don't think you can steal from yourself.

excon
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 08:36 AM
    Any 12 year old on KaZaa could put in the search term "helicopter blueprints", if some stupid grunt installed KaZaa on his military computer and set it to share his entire hard drive then it's available to all.

Give me more details on "hardware that was programmed".
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 08:36 AM

He is an Aussie using Swedish based computers to steal from US government owned data bases for the purpose of undermining the United States .
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 08:38 AM
    He is an Aussie using Swedish based computers to steal from US government owned data bases for the purpose of undermining the United States .
    Nothing was stolen - it was shared for the world to see. You don't seem to get that part. No hacking occurred - it's simple!
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Any 12 year old on KaZaa could put in the search term "helicopter blueprints", if some stupid grunt installed KaZaa on his military computer and set it to share his entire hard drive then it's available to all.

Give me more details on "hardware that was programmed".
    Show me the specs of the President's helicopter that you could download without stealing it ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wikileaks and Afghanistan [ 10 Answers ]

Perhaps nothing has made the situation in Afghanistan more telling than Wikileaks and this particular piece even more telling Rudd: 'Scared as hell' What is described here however briefly is the stuff of legend, allies who have very bad views of each others efforts and a view that irrespective...

Wikileaks [ 38 Answers ]

Wikileaks, good or bad? If you ask me the guy is just after attention for himself, a self-serving publicity hog who in his own words, says "I enjoy crushing bastards." Who else does he like to crush, the 100's of informants working with us whose identity he leaked and put in grave danger?

Which civilization had the greatest impact on the united states government? [ 2 Answers ]

Ancient greece or rome or western europehas the greatest impact on united state government?

How does public policy impact what government ? [ 1 Answers ]

How public policy impacts what government does and how it does it. How the implementation of public policies can lead to the formation of "distributive and regulatory policies" that can adversely impact citizen's lives. How distributive policies help produce environments which fosters and expansion...

Usa government officials allowed to carry arms when in Canada [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone has heard about this. As broadcasted on BCTV news this week, there is talk about the possibility of American officials being allowed to carry guns (pistols) when in Canada. They will not need any special clearance. After the initial news report, there has been no...

View more questions Search