Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 08:41 AM
    KaZaa and Gnutella/Limewire networks are gone now, or else I could have had some fun with you, getting you to install it and configure it. :)

Kazaa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Gnutella - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 08:46 AM

So essentially you link to to pirate sites and that makes it acceptable to steal intellectual property?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    He is an Aussie using Swedish based computers to steal from US government owned data bases for the purpose of undermining the United States .
    Hello again, tom:

Do you think the people of Tunisia feel undermined?? I don't think they do... I think they feel LIBERATED... The guy who feels undermined is the corrupt leader who got overthrown BECAUSE of Assange. Revealing corruption ISN'T undermining anything except the corruption... That's good... I don't know why you don't think it is.

excon
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 08:52 AM
    so essentially you link to to pirate sites and that makes it acceptable to steal intellectual property?
    They are no links to pirate sites at all, if you don't understand the technology don't post what you think is damning evidence about it.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 09:02 AM

So you are OK if a hacker can use this to get into your computer to download your stuff ? Or perhaps you think that the victims of piracy deserve what they get . I heard a hacker boast this week that there was no security system that couldn't get hacked . I guess in your mind that makes it OK for them to do it.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 09:09 AM
    I guess in your mind that makes it ok for them to do it.
    Nope, I'm just correcting you on the technology. I protect myself from hackers and so should everyone else. I believe in personal responsibility.

Once again it wasn't hacking, it's akin to you putting a box of all your stuff in your front yard and wondering why people are taking a copy of your stuff.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 09:20 AM

Ex ,it's just silly to think that the people of Tunisia did not know of the corruption of the Ben Ali regime.They lived under his iron fisted rule for 2 decades .The revolt was sparked by the suicide of a university graduate prevented by police from selling fruit and vegetables to make a living.

I give all credit to the people ,not to Wikileaks .

However ,what you will likely see there is the rise of another jihadist state. What is missing is the logic of the Bush Doctrine and the belief that the choice between despots and jihadists is a false choice... that freedom and liberty is a 3rd choice . I pray they make the 3rd choice.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 09:55 AM

So we're living under a regime that's lying to us? I thought all that was gone with Bush and the installation of the most ethical, honest, transparent administration evah!
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 10:02 AM
    Ex ,it's just silly to think that the people of Tunisia did not know of the corruption of the Ben Ali regime.
    Hello again, tom:

Speculating that your leader is corrupt, and having it CONFIRMED are two different things. His overthrow is a GOOD thing. If you want to attribute it to something else, OK.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 10:53 AM

Confirmation in the form of a US diplomat's analysis in 2010 ? Why not Foreign Policy's expose on the 1st Lady's shopping prowess in 2008 ? Why not Human Rights Watch analysis of the 2009 Tunisia election that was held according to them in "an atmosphere of repression".
    The fact that the leaked cable made mention to protests already underway is comletely besides the point.
    I think the self immolation of Mohamed Bouazizi on Dec 17 had much more to do with the government's collapse than the release of a US diplomatic cable.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 11:00 AM

it's akin to you putting a box of all your stuff in your front yard and wondering why people are taking a copy of your stuff.
    Or someone picking your lock and walking away with your file cabinet.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 11:02 AM

Hello again, tom:

Who's to say what's in the mind of a revolutionary? Maybe they read Thomas Jefferson's thing about the tree of liberty. Or, maybe the leak was the straw... I don't know. Somebody burning themselves up would have done it for me.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 11:04 AM

There have been copy cat suicides in Algiers and Egypt this month..
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 11:08 AM

And yes there have been times where diplomatic cable releases have been the impetus for upheaval . The intercept of the Zimmerman telegram comes to mind.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 11:46 AM
    or someone picking your lock and walking away with your file cabinet.
    Nope not at all. I've spent a few posts trying to explain to you but to no avail I see.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 11:54 AM

Soldier A sends soldier B a download of Lady Gaga . Wiki through pirateware hitches a ride on the transmission and gains access to a hard drive it has no right to be in... lifts classified information... releases it around the world .

And you think they have every right to do so ? You're a strange one .Suppose instead of doing that they got into your computer and published your acct #s and passwords or lifted intellectual property that is rightfully yours ?
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 11:58 AM
    soldier A sends soldier B a download of Lady Gaga .

And you think they have every right to do so ? You're a strange one .
    Hello again, tom:

I don't know. A reporter meets a government snitch under a bridge... The snitch is only identified as Deep Throat. Deep Throat leaks government secrets to the reporter, and the reporter writes a best selling book about it.

Did he (they) have the right to do that?

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 12:42 PM

The government snitch called Deep Throat(FBI agent Mark Felt who had a personal vendetta against Nixon .He thought he was due to become director of the FBI after Hoover's death and thought Nixon snubbed him.)... told Woodward and Bernstein to follow the money.. He steered them in the right direction .He never disclosed any classified information .

What we have here is espionage pure and simple. Assange' claim to journalism is very weak.

In the case I cite 'Soldier A 'never knows his private email is being used to penetrate government files. In the case of PFC Manning... he is as guilty as Assange .

BTW... Felt was convicted of a felony for ordering the breaking into members of the Weather Underground' homes in a attempt to prevent the bombing spree they were on. Reagan pardoned him.
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 02:44 PM
    soldier A sends soldier B a download of Lady Gaga . Wiki through pirateware hitches a ride on the transmission and gains access to a hard drive it has no right to be in.....lifts classified information ...releases it around the world
    You have absolutely no idea how the p2p technology works, you're digging yourself a deeper hole, please stop, it's embarrassing.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2011, 03:12 PM

Yes or no... can it be legally used to go into government computers and download filed that are US property ?

If so explain how it can be legally used for that purpose .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wikileaks and Afghanistan [ 10 Answers ]

Perhaps nothing has made the situation in Afghanistan more telling than Wikileaks and this particular piece even more telling Rudd: 'Scared as hell' What is described here however briefly is the stuff of legend, allies who have very bad views of each others efforts and a view that irrespective...

Wikileaks [ 38 Answers ]

Wikileaks, good or bad? If you ask me the guy is just after attention for himself, a self-serving publicity hog who in his own words, says "I enjoy crushing bastards." Who else does he like to crush, the 100's of informants working with us whose identity he leaked and put in grave danger?

Which civilization had the greatest impact on the united states government? [ 2 Answers ]

Ancient greece or rome or western europehas the greatest impact on united state government?

How does public policy impact what government ? [ 1 Answers ]

How public policy impacts what government does and how it does it. How the implementation of public policies can lead to the formation of "distributive and regulatory policies" that can adversely impact citizen's lives. How distributive policies help produce environments which fosters and expansion...

Usa government officials allowed to carry arms when in Canada [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone has heard about this. As broadcasted on BCTV news this week, there is talk about the possibility of American officials being allowed to carry guns (pistols) when in Canada. They will not need any special clearance. After the initial news report, there has been no...

View more questions Search