Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Animus Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Jan 20, 2011, 10:43 AM
    Should you read more books less often or less books more often?
    I have been mulling this one over and over in my head. I need help.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jan 21, 2011, 01:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Animus View Post
    I have been mulling this one over and over in my head. I need help.
    Hi Animus,

I am not really sure. I guess it depends how well you absorb the material on the first reading.If upon having read a book you are convinced that you understand it then I guess there is no problem moving on to the next book.

On the other hand, if you have problems grasping the concepts put forward then it would be a good idea to reread and possibly read again. On this basis you would be reading less books but have a better understanding. Other than this I don't really know.

Regards

Tut
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2011, 01:08 AM

I was told many years ago that it's better to read fewer books and understand what the author is saying than to read many books and miss most of the content.

I found this to be true.
    chloe_r Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 09:32 AM
    I'm a slow reader myself, and proud of it. I think you get much more of the story and the philosophy behind it. I also like to read very long novels with a lot of characters, and for that you need to take your time when reading. I hope this helps.
    chloe_r Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 09:33 AM
    I'm a slow reader myself, and proud of it. I think you get much more of the story and the philosophy behind it. I also like to read very long novels with a lot of characters, and for that you need to take your time when reading. I hope this helps.
    Bubbles2222345 Posts: 138, Reputation: 0

Apr 7, 2013, 05:15 AM
    Read books, all books I devour them and its interesting and entertaining. Its good for you, GO FOR IT.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are some of the best books you've read? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for more books to read that you just can't put down,two favorites of mine are Water For Elephants and Perks of being a Wallfower. If you know any that are similar to those, romantic, or have an awesome storyline, please share! Ps I've already read twilight series so don't mention it :)

Id like some opinions on some books to read. [ 7 Answers ]

Hey id love some opinions from everyone on books to read. I love utopian books. Currently I am reading George Orwell's 1984, and just finished Aldous Huxleys Brave New World, amazing book by the way. I like to read about war and hardship, and incredible human strength (not super heroes, will power...

I need more books to read [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for authors that have the same style/plotlines as John Sandford with his "Prey" and Kidd" novels. I also like James Patterson with "Alex Cross". I do not like Jonathan Kellerman. I find him long winded and boring until the last 100 pages. Please let me know of titles and/or...

Read any good books lately? [ 29 Answers ]

I'm always looking for something new and interesting to read! Does anyone have any suggestions?

View more questions Search