Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janice911 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 10:30 PM
    Child not mine but the child has my lastnamedo I have to pay child support even if ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2011, 10:52 PM

Are you married, are you on the birth certificate is there an acceptance of paternity ?
    Is there a court ordered child support

Merely having the same last name, does not prove anything on its own merit, how does the child have that name
    janice911 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 01:25 AM
    It has {name removed} the fathers name is {name removed}
    His ex girlfriend is claiming he is the father but the thing is this child is his ex' mother they
    Felt bad for her so on the day of birth angel which is my bofriend now put his lastname on certificate, so its not his or his ex child but its her mother with his lastname
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 20, 2011, 04:37 AM

Signing the birth certificate may have been an acknowledgment of paternity. Depends on local laws (ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area). If it is, then he could be held liable for support.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    (ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area).
    Scott,do not you think it must be a sticky?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a costa rican father does not pay child support can he stop the child from moving [ 2 Answers ]

I am american and my fiancé is from costa rica. I want to get a fiancé visa for her and her 7 year old son. The father will not sign for the child to move out of costa rica. He does not pay child support at all. He does not care or see the child. I am willing to adopt the child once here in usa....

Will I be paying child support for a child not mine in marrige? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I be force to pay child support through marrige even if the child is not mine?

View more questions Search