Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amangill05 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 04:10 PM
    Under age in Toronto
    "HI. l am 22 years old living in toronto. My girlfriend is just more than 16. Is it illegal if I met her in some park or somewhere else? Is it illegal if I just kiss her,no sex is involved at all ? "
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 19, 2011, 04:36 PM

Dating isn't illegal, as long as her parents are okay with the two of you seeing each other. If they are then my understanding is that you can be charged with parental interference.

I have to ask. What does a 22 year old adult see in a 16 year old child? If I was her parent I wouldn't be okay with a man dating my child. The fact that you have to meet in a park tells me that her parents either don't know you two are dating, or they're not okay with it.

Why not date someone that you can actually see in public? Someone that can actually enjoy the same things? Someone that doesn't have to be home at 9pm because she has to go to school the next day?

Wouldn't you prefer to date someone you can actually have an adult conversation with? Please don't tell me she's mature for her age, because I have yet to meet a 16 year old that's mature enough to date a 22 year old adult.

If you really want to date her than wait 4 years. A 6 year age difference isn't that huge when she's 20 and you're 26, but at 22 and 16 it just leads to a lot of questions, a lot of raised eyebrows, and potentially a lot of legal issues for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toronto questions [ 2 Answers ]

I need some good hotels less than £80 a night for a room with two beds in a good part of toronto near shopping and such. Advise on things to see in the day and evening. Also what type of plug to they use in canada?

Woofstock in Toronto [ 7 Answers ]

Like a one of a kind dog show in downtown Toronto this weekend. Everything and anything for your dogs. They will even have a stupid dog contest and a dog fashion show, etc. Some parts are really hilarious and its wall to wall dogs on Front Stree this weekend.

Theft Under $5000, Toronto, ON, Age 21 [ 1 Answers ]

Just yesterday, I was charged with theft under $5000. The amount I stole totaled just under $49 I was in shoppers drug mart with the original itention to buy solution for my contacts. I came across some makeup, and for whatever reason, decided to take it. Usually, I would have no...

View more questions Search