Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shalimeri Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Aluminum Window Prices
    I recently purchased the inventory of an Aluminum Window Manufacturer Co. along with the five trailers they came in. They are various sizes and types. How do determine what the windows are worth? From what I can tell, there are single panes, double panes, arch tops, horizontal sliders, jalousie, single hung, clear glass, smoke glass, etc.. I'm sure you get the picture- Is there a general rule of thumb for pricing? I read somewhere W x H X 1.35 for Viynl, but that was retail. I want to sell these below manufacturer pricing- Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2007, 10:48 AM
    first I have to wonder what you are doing buying things you don't have an idea of their value.

but a good idea is to think wholesale is about 1/2 of retail. And manufactor cost would be about 3/4 of the 1/2.

Not a set rule, but a rough idea.
    shalimeri Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Thanks for the help Fr_Chuck..
    To answer your question, for what I paid for this (according to the formula you provided), I'll make my money back just off one trailer load. Now I have to find the capable buyers-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flatness measurement- aluminum [ 2 Answers ]

Visualize this, a piece of aluminum about the size of a credit card and about 3mm thick. Here is the problem. The part is machined under convention methods and received with pretty decent parrallelism. One side (large surface area) must be as flat. We mate a silicon wafer on this...

Loose aluminum siding [ 1 Answers ]

My 50 yr old siding is in good condition, but there are places where the end of a piece has bulged or popped slightly. Also, the base of very bottom row tends to be loose from the house. This allows critters inside. How do I secure them? Tank you.

Different prices for 14-2 NM [ 3 Answers ]

So I can get 14-2 NM w ground at the big store off the spool for something like $0.43/lin ft w/out tax. I can buy 250 ft of 14-2 NM-B w ground prepakaged on the shelf behind me for something like just under $60, tax not included... compared to $107.5 at the spool price. Don't know the grade of...

Aluminum Oxidation Water Risk? [ 5 Answers ]

I live in a rural setting and my water supply is held in a large rectangular concrete holding tank. To check water level I must lift a heavy concrete "door" on the top of the tank. IŽd like to replace that door with one made from a painted steel angle iron frame with an eighth inch aluminum sheet...

View more questions Search