Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rubentheran Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 11:25 AM
    Chemistry Help
    1.Write the Lewis dot symbols of the reactants and products in the following reactions

Ca + H2 ----> CaH2

2.For each of the following pairs of elements, state whether the binary compound they
    Form is likely to be ionic or covalent. Write the empirical formula and name of the
    Compound. (a) B and F (b) K and Br

How am I supposed to do this?? Can someone help me? Thanks.I really cannot understand.So,someone please show me the workings/solutions step by step(at least).
    DrBob1 Posts: 425, Reputation: 86

Jan 19, 2011, 04:25 PM
    Can you show us what you have been able to do so far? Hints: (1) elements that are on the extremes (far left and far right) on the periodic table will form ionic bonds. Closer to each other, they tend to be covalent. (2) The first compound you show is named CALCIUM HYDRIDE. What does that tell you?

Jan 19, 2011, 08:51 PM
    But I don't know how to draw the structure.Can you give a full solution of the drawing so that I will able to do the rest of the questions by using your solution as reference.thanks

Jan 19, 2011, 08:52 PM
    Comment on DrBob1's post
    But I don't know how to draw the structure.Can you give a full solution of the drawing so that I will able to do the rest of the questions by using your solution as reference.thanks.Please sir
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2011, 11:46 PM

If you never studied how to do them... how did you get that question to do?

If you still don't know, use Google to have a few examples about Lewis structures (I never studied Lewis structures, but Google provided a lot of useful examples).

Then, you post what you think is the answer. We'll then tell you whether you did it correctly or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chemistry [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between molecular weight and molar weight

Chemistry [ 1 Answers ]

Given the name of a binary molecular compound, describe how to write its formula. Use carbon tetrachloride As an example. :confused:

Chemistry [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I have a few questions concerning general chemistry: 1. What is the Maximum number of electrons an orbital may contain? 2. What is the wavelength of the electro magnetic radiation having a frequency of 5.00 x 10¹² Hz. What kind of electromagntic radiation is this. 3. The laser in...

View more questions Search