Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronNorris Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 11:06 AM
    Replace non digital thermostat (2 wire) to new Digital termostat (2 wire)
    Hi:
    I bought an new digital thermostat, White-Rogers 1E78-140 millivolt to replace a two wire non digital millivolt thermostat. The two wires are to be attached to "W" and "RH" on the White-Rodgers thermostat.

The wires are connected at the stove at "TH" and the other to the wire coming from the "vent safety switch". Both wires are black. "TH" on the stove would be connected to what terminal on the thermostat "W" or "RH" or does it matter. The stove is a Williams gas heater and the generator red wire is connected connected to "TH/TP" and the vent safety switch.

-Ron

Check out some similar questions!

Replace non digital thermostat (2 wire) to new Digital termostat (2 wire) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi: I bought a 2 wire, heating only, millivolt thermostat to replace a non digital 2 wire thermostat. The replacement thermostat is a White-Rodgers 1E78-140 (heat only, non programmable millivolt compatible). For two wires "W" and "RH" are used in the thermostat. Does it matter which wire from...

Replace non digital thermostat (2 wire) to new Digital termostat (2 wire) [ 0 Answers ]

Hi: I bought a 2 wire, heating only, millivolt thermostat to replace a non digital 2 wire thermostat. The thermostat wires from the stove are connected to "RH" and "TH/TP" . The terminals in the new thermostat are labeled "RH" and "W". "TH" wire from the stove would be connected to what...

Trying to upgrade old 8 wire thermostat to new digital [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I thought this would be a breeze since I build computers, looks like I was wrong :confused: I took the old thermostat apart to expose the wires and noticed that in the instructions, there is no mention about 8 wire hook ups? Don't know what I'm doing at this point, and from what I can figure,...

How do I wire in a digital thermostat? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question. How do I wire in a digital thermostat as my current thermostat's (Nordyne 914832) wiring is y g r o w2 c and I purchased every model Home Depot had (up to the $8x.00 ones) and when I tried wiring up the way the instructions said I had either (depending on which model)...

How do I wire in a digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat wiring is y g r o w2 e c .the new wiring is c g y o/b rc r aux e l . Can someone tell me how to wire it. I'm trying to wire in a honeywell digital thermostat. Model rth7400 my current therm is a nordyne 914832. Please help

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.