Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Auscheer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 05:11 AM
    '80s '90s kids movie with puppets - dark, gloomy set
    I'm looking for a VHS I loved as a kid, so I believe it would have been a movie not a TV show, for kids. All the characters were puppets, in a fantasy land, but I honestly cannot say anything about the plot. All I know is that the actual set and colours was very dark, gloomy and depressing. No blue sky, etc. All the puppets were quite gloomy looking, too. It invovled bats or something similar.

I know I have basically nothing to go on, unless someone remembers a puppet movie that was oddly dark and was probably about an evil something taking something away... umm?

I will never get this one.

Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Might be the Dark Crystal.
    The Dark Crystal (1982) - IMDb
    Auscheer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 07:26 AM
    Unfortunately its not that! The puppets in it look a lot more... puppety... if that makes sense?
    Indigo189 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 11:35 PM
    The Labyrinth involves real people and puppets, but they're pretty puppety and it's about something evil taking the girl's baby brother away. Hope that helps, good luck.
    vehria01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2011, 10:15 PM
    I know exactly which dark puppet movie your talking about and it was not the labyrinth or darkcrystal. I too have been looking for that movie and can not for the life of me remember what the name of it is. I know there were puppets and it was all dark and gloomy and I think it had something to do with a little boy having to save a young girl from a castle filled with scarey looking puppets. I can only remember that, and the boy crossing a big black lake filled with monsters to get to the castle. I really wish someone could help me figure out what the name of this movie is, but it seems that only people that where kids in the 70s to 80s would know this movie.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jun 7, 2011, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vehria01 View Post
    I know exactly which dark puppet movie your talking about and it was not the labyrinth or darkcrystal. I too have been looking fo that movie and can not for the life of me remember what the name of it is. I know there were puppets and it was all dark and gloomy and i think it had something to do with a little boy having to save a young girl from a castle filled with scarey looking puppets. I can only remember that, and the boy crossing a big black lake filled with monsters to get to the castle. I really wish someone could help me figure out what the name of this movie is, but it seems that only people that where kids in the 70s to 80s would know this movie.
    Might be The Argon Quest
    jessers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2013, 01:47 PM
    Sorry I don't know what it is, but this is the movie I have been looking for too. I wish I could remember more about it. I remember it scared me a little, but I watched it multiple times.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s or early 90s kids movie [ 3 Answers ]

So I'm trying to find the title of a movie I saw as a little kid... so it was made in 1991 or earlier. Here's what I remember... It was NOT animated. There was a scene in a forest where a girl is running away from trolls and tries to hide in a little cottage. She hides in the attic looking...

Kids movie from 80s (puppets, jungle, key, lion, tree) [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for this movie I used to watch as a Kid.. I am not sure what year but I was born in 1986 so I think it had to have been made in the 80s or early 90s. I had it and it was a blue VHS tape. The characters were all puppets and it was about this boy that goes into the jungle that has all...

Kids movie from 80s/90s [ 1 Answers ]

There's a film from my childhood but don't know what it is! All I can remember is that there are 2 (or maybe more) families vacationing together (cousins maybe?) in a big house near some woods (I think) and they don't get on. There's a scene where a little girl who's kind of snobby is explaining to...

I'm looking for the name to a kids 80s/90s movie [ 4 Answers ]

Im trying to figure out the name of a movie I watched as a kid, so I can show it to my nephew. From what I can remember its about two kids a boy and girl and the get sucked into a book or TV and into this make-believe land. Everyone in the town has a color, and the lead women use to be rainbow,...

View more questions Search