Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asherrizwan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 03:32 AM
    Cracks where walls meet celing, cracks across the entire corners of the bath tub
    Hi,

My house is build in 2008, and it is since last week we have started noticing hair line cracks in some of the rooms in the upper story. One of the room has cracks across the entire length of the room where walls meet celing, and the bathroom has also started appearing to have cracks at the same spot and across entire length of the bath tub i.e from side of the bath tub to the top across of the entire length of bath tub where bath tub walls meet dry wall. Also at some places in the roof along the corners we have started to noticing a small wedge shape appearance. Is it something to worry about? Is it still covered under warranty? Is it manafacturing defect? Or just a soil movement? Or some other reason. It looked as if the walls will fall apart that what my feeling is.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 19, 2011, 09:09 AM

Covered by warranty, most likely not but what do your sales papers say. Sounds like normal settling. Do you have any cracks radiating from the corners of windows?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Popping noises in walls and cracks in my ceilings and walls [ 2 Answers ]

I moved into my house may 08 and had all the walls/ceilings repainted and it looked great. For the past 8 months I have been hearing a popping noise in my walls and every wall in the house has cracks, the floors are creaking and the basement floor seems to now be uneven.

Joint compound cracks on inside corners of drywall [ 4 Answers ]

I'm finishing drywall and am having a problem with the inside corners... I used the 90 minute Sheetrock Lightweight Setting-Type Joing Compound powder to embed the tape everywhere... all that worked great... However, I'm finishing with Sheetrock Lightweight All Purpose Joint Compound (blue...

Cracks in ceiling and walls [ 6 Answers ]

I have lived in my home for 5 years and over the last year have noticed some small cracks appearing in the ceilings and walls. ( built in 1951) The cracks run straight across the across the ceilings and have appeared in similar locations on opposite sides of the house, i.e guest bedroom has crack...

Cracks in walls [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, everyone. Lately I have had cracks in the walls of my bedroom. They begin at the ceiling and slant down to the floor. There are 2 of them. What causes this and how do I fix it? Thanks.

Cracks In Walls [ 5 Answers ]

I been noticing in my drywall long cracks can someone tell me what can that be.

View more questions Search