Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fitzin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 12:20 AM
    What is my relationship status? ex girlfriend ? Girlfriend ? Or friend?
    Okayy, the problem is...

I was with him from July 2010 till oct 2010.. then he decided to end our relationship for unclear reasons.. (he hides something but I still don't know what).and he instantly got a new girlfriend for a week! After the break,I said we're done and warns to stop contacting me but he refused and still contacting me through text until now.

At first, I tried to ignore him but failed because deep inside my heart, I still want him back.. but I keep thinking about his girlfriend feelings if she find out that he still saying 'i love u, miss you and blablabla' to me and call me dear,honey etc.. he also even said to me that he doesn't love her but like her, and he just loves me? (really confusing me).. but I truly loves this guy.. because he's my first love.. and I just can't move on.

My friends suggested me to keep in touch with him and ignores his girlfriend because they think we are born to each other.. so I do and treat him like I was his girlfriend.. he did asked me to get back with him and my answer was like to refuse him because he is still with her...

He keeps checking me out through texts.. lately, some guys ask me for date.. and I told my ex and he seems to be jealous and upset.. then my ex wanted to meet me, so I went to meet him.. he checked my messages and asked who's this and this.. he also touched my hands and tried to hug me all the time when we met.my ex also tried to prevent me from other guys and gets upset when I said something bad to him.. he'll freaks out whenever I'm ignoring him if he text me.. but I want him so bad.. but his girlfriend??

Help me please! what I have to do now?

Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 19, 2011, 12:41 AM

If he really loves you, really wants to be with you, he'd dump his girlfriend. The fact that he hasn't speaks volumes.

You want to know your status? You're a friend, an ex, and he wants to make you his friend with benefits. He doesn't want you badly enough to make you his girlfriend, otherwise the current girlfriend would be history.

So, why are you waiting for him? Why are you turning down other guys because of him?

Tell him that you need to move on, then go to no contact. If he really wanted to be with you there's nothing stopping him. He would only need to make a phone call to break up with his girlfriend if he really wanted to be with you. He hasn't, so take the hint and move on.
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Jan 19, 2011, 08:13 AM
    Stop getting all caught up in what he is texting or telling you! If he wanted to be with you he would have left his current girlfriend and would be with you right now. I think he is just keeping you as an option.

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 19, 2011, 08:47 AM

Listening to what comes from deep inside your heart, and what your friend told you has made you his willing fool, and your real solution is to get him out of your life, and keep him out no matter what the heart, or friend tells you.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 06:55 AM
    I couldn't agree more with the advice you have already been given.

But, want to point out that you are allowing yourself to be used. This isn't so much about him, but more about why you would allow him to treat you with such disrespect. Not to mention he is a cheater.

If you keep looking for reasons to keep him in your life, you will find them. But please think about whether it's a good idea, or not. While you may still have feelings for him, be realistic and try your best to see the person he has become, not the person you want him to be.

It's also, in my opinion, not a good idea for any woman to disrespect another woman, by messing around with her man. He should be off limits entirely while he has a girlfriend, regardless of what he tells you, or what you want to believe.

For the time being, I would put distance between you (block his number), and set the bar a little higher, even if it means telling him that as long as he's involved with someone else, you won't consider ANY kind of relationship with him. Even friendship, because you know what his definition of frienship is, right?
    fitzin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 11:14 PM
    Thanks to the advices.. :)

Last week, I told him not to contact me anymore.. he cried.. and he broke up with his girlfriend.

Now he wants me back but I just afraid he'll make the same thing again :(

So we are now are just friends :)
    DaviesDJ Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2013, 04:48 PM
    Do as your friends said; still meet him and everything and forget about his “ex" but keep cautious, you never know. Lots of love, DaviesDJ xxx :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

When your love one breaks up with you by removing relationship status in Facebook. [ 25 Answers ]

Hi, I am curious and would like some input from the public when your love one breaks up with you by removing their relationship status with you in facebook.com without a word. No closure, no explanation, there were no heavy dramas before the incident. (Note: You have not done anything sorry to...

Changed relationship status [ 6 Answers ]

So I'm recently single and I recently started talking to a new guy. He was a friend a friend first and we were talking about my recent break up and I said I wanted to go on a date with someone just to get back out there.. he then was like I'll take you on a date. It started very friendly, we...

Will education status ruin our relationship? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a boyfriend who's still attending college but I am in college. When we are talking I feel as if I'm using too much big words, as if I'm talking down to him. My mom says I need to talk to somebody else because he's not up to my level. I however, believe she's wrong. She also says this will...

About relationship status [ 2 Answers ]

Why is she worried about who I'm talking to or where I'm going and how do I get rid of her boyfriend so that she can be interested in me more.she probably trying to be with both of us but I don't so what should I do

View more questions Search