Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerms10000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 11:40 PM
    Can I join the army opposed to serving 3 years probation
    Hi everyone out there, I had a question that I hope someone can answer for me. I kind of had a troubled youth, as a juvinile I have 3 felonies. One of them is theft 2nd degree, burglary 2nd degree, and taking a motor vehicle without the owners permission. These felonie occurred when I was 14,and 16 years old. Im going to be turning 24 in march. Last year I got arrested for having prscription drugs on me, and am currently going through court for that. My public defender is offering 3 years probation with suspended jail, but I have to go through treatment as well. My question is "does anybody know if instead of going through the 3 years probation will they let me join the military instead"? Please if anybody can give any kind on insight or feedback id deeply appreciate it
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 18, 2011, 11:51 PM

If you are in the US, you will not be able to join the military. They want men and women with solid backgrounds. People who are trustworthy.

Have you heard the term "don't do the crime if you can't do the time?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felon/Probation serving in the Military [ 11 Answers ]

Hello members, I am new here and look forward to conversing with many of you. I hope I am not jumping right in with a question that is inappropriate, if so please correct me before I make a fool of myself. I'm really not sure what topic my question comes under. I was wondering if someone...

Joint cusotdy agreement, I would like to join the Army. [ 4 Answers ]

I have joint custody with my ex husband, I have physical custody. This arrangement was established during our divorce in Maryland. We both agreed to relocate and modify visitation. I live in Ohio, but my ex lives in Colorado. Since our relocation, he has exercised very little of his visitation, he...

I want my boyfriend to join the army [ 6 Answers ]

I was reading about the benefits of joining the army.. as well as the possible struggles.. With both our personalities I believe the military life would be beneficial to us both, together. But how do I go about mentioning this to my boyfriend without him thinking I'm pushing the idea on him? He...

Can I get probation off already after serving half my time? [ 2 Answers ]

I was arrested at the age of 17 almost turning 18.(thank god it happen before my 18th birthday if not it would have been worse for me now) for credit card theft and possession of 2 fake id's. My charges went from felonies to a misd for the simple fact that I was under age and it was my first...

Serving out probation time for a mistimener [ 3 Answers ]

One of my buddys went through a road block last night and his car was searched, pills were found in the car that someone had lost in the car, not sure exactly what kind of pills though. He was already on probation for 2 months earlier getting pulled over with the possession of marijuana. They took...

View more questions Search