Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Jan 14, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Win XP hangup at startup
    Hey guys, I have been at this for months and am more confused than before. I have researched about Zonealarm and the vsmon.exe file that a lot of people have problems with. I have even checked this forum out and so far haven't found the solution. My computer hangs up at startup and I think it is due to my CA Etrust firewall. When it hangs and I reboot I look in event viewer it shows the True Vector Service had a problem. Even though I don't have Zonelarm I was disturbed at the fact I have their files on my computer. I check my brother-in-laws computer that has the same internet service and CA Etrust application and has the same True vector Service on their which tells me this is normal for me also. I tried to email the Company and no one has responded so figured I would give you guys a crack at it in case you have heard about this and can guide me. I have ran spyware and all that to find issues but to no avail. Thanks for any advice.

Check out some similar questions!

Win 98se back to win 98 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Does anybody know if it is possible to backout an installation of win 98se. A friend of mine installed a USB hub on his win 98 machine and when asked for the drivers he inserted a win 98se disk and the machine tried to go through the upgrade procedure. At some point this upgrade...

Startup what's going on? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Why does my computer tell me setup is updating configuration files every time I start up regardless and takes about 2mins to get past this before loading windows, I am using win98se. :confused:

Startup [ 5 Answers ]

It Takes 3 Minutes For My Computer To Start Up. I Believe It's Because I Have Too Many Start-ups In The Bottom Right Of My Screen. How Do I Know Which Of These I Can Remove,and How Do I Remove Them??

Win 98 freezes during startup [ 6 Answers ]

My 3-year-old HP Pavilion 6635 is running Win 98. In the middle of the startup process, it freezes. When I look at the task manager, only three programs are listed instead of the usual 8 or 10. Trying to start in Safe mode gets the same results. I tried walking through the bootup process,...

Svchost.exe?  And startup but not in startup file? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Can you tell me what svchost.exe is? I'm always getting a box saying it has generated errors and will be closed. Also, a lot of things start up without being in the startup file. Where does the computer get the command to start those things up? The registry or somewhere else? ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.