Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ford460 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 09:59 PM
    I beam size to carry a 250 ton load. Its five feet long and the load is in the middle
    Thanks for your reply ebaines.

The 2" plate is part of a support base for a casing jack which is used to pull pipe out of the ground. The hole is where the pipe comes up through the base.The hydraulic cylinder that is used to pull the pipe is actualy a hollow cylinder that sits over the hole with a set of slips that sit on top. The pipe comes up through the hole, up through the cylinder and is grabed with the slips and is pulled as the cylinder is extended. The load is applied to the center of the plate over the diameter of the cylinder which is 21.5", so its mainly a single point load in the center of the plate. The I beams are to support the 2" plate so that it won't bend under this load and the bracing between the I beams is to keep them from bending sideways and also to support the plate across the 4' width. The deflection will be measured at the middle of the plate where the cylinder sits.
    Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

I beam size to carry a 250 ton load. Its 5 feet long and the load is in the middle [ 3 Answers ]

The 250 ton load is being applied to the center of a 2" thick plate 60" long and 48" wide by a hydraulic cylinder. The 2" plate has a 12" hole in the middle. I want to weld two I beams lengthwise along the 2" plate (one on each side) with bracing going across between the two I beams. The cylinder...

Beam size to replace load-bearing wall [ 13 Answers ]

Okay, I'm trying to decide if it's worth the trouble to open up a room in my basement. It is currently a 16 ft wide wall with a single doorway in it. It is a load-bearing wall. I'd like to open up the doorway to about 10'6" width. The wall supports the floor above, and there is another...

How to calculate wire rope size on the basis of load in ton [ 2 Answers ]

How to calculate wire rope diameter on the basis basis of metric ton

What's the proper beam size to replace a 15' 2x4 load bearing wall? [ 8 Answers ]

"I'm remodeling an apartment that was once a 2 story garage with a gambrel roof (barn style), with a 10ft wide dormer on one side of the roof. It was originally converted to an apartment back in the fifties. The upstairs is one large bedroom. with 4ft knee walls supporting the roof rafters. The...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.