Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leelea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Searching for husbands siblings
    My husband's father has two other children. How do we go about finding them? We can't ask his dad. It is a taboo to talk about them.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2007, 08:44 AM
    Is this a taboo subject only to your Father-in-law or does it include the entire family? If it only pertained to your Father-in-law, you might get some information from another family member, like an Aunt or Uncle. If you do not know the name of the woman who bore the children, do you know the dates of the births? If you knew the dates, or thereabouts, you could search the Department of Vital Statistics.

If you do not have any information to start with, you could find a site or two or three (there are many) for people looking for their birth parents, for birth parents looking for their children, and for siblings looking for birth siblings. You would post your information and ask for any assistance possible.

You may never find out - if the secret has been buried this long. Then again, you might just come across someone who knows someone. It works often that way. The very best of luck to you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2007, 09:23 AM
    First, so what if it is a taboo subject, do you think that should stop you from asking him if you really want to find out.

Next as mentioned aunts and uncles will know info.

If you know their name and if they are male, often a quick internet search finds them.
    symone91 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 07:04 AM
    I've learned that in every family, where there is a secret, there is ALWAYS a family member that will talk. Ask anyone and everyone, and eventually you'll get the right one. It worked for my husband.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harassed about ex-husbands debts [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Im in a bad situation, I'm receiving phone calls & letters stating that I owe them money however It's not me that owes them money it's my ex-husband I separated with him on 2002 when we separated he said he owed nothing like a fool & a trusting person that I am I believed him, I divorced him...

Is my husbands best friend my soulmate? [ 10 Answers ]

I believe in soulmates, I'm a spiritual person. I believe that everything happens for a reason. And with this one, I cannot figure it out. Usually I can, I'm good at this kind of stuff... but this one baffles me. Ok, my husband met this guy through work and became good friends with him. THis guy...

10 husbands, still a virgin [ 6 Answers ]

A lawyer married a woman who had previously divorced 10 husbands. On their wedding night, she told her new husband, "Be gentle, I'm still a virgin." "What?" said the puzzled groom. "How can that be if you were married 10 times?" "Well, husband #1 was a Sales Representative: He kept telling me...

Husbands [ 1 Answers ]

So I have a real bad prolbem. My husband of 12 years is a drug addict and I have never been one at all. He doesn't want to get help he doeant think that he has a prolbem. He knows that he should not be doing what he does but yet he still does. I tell him all the time that it really hurts me when he...

Siblings and Inlaws [ 3 Answers ]

I have two older brothers who are both married, and I'm single. My middle brother and I both agree that when my Dad passes away the only people who will be able to make any decisions should be my two brothers and myself. My oldest brother wants his wife to be able to make decisions too. His wife is...

View more questions Search