Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janetkiddey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 04:15 PM
    Paying the Back Taxes on a house instead of buying it
    Paying the Back Taxes on a house instead of buying it in NC can any one help
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 18, 2011, 04:35 PM

Well, yes you can pay the back taxes,but after that you still have to get a mortgage because paying the back taxes does not get you the deed or title. The property still has to be 'owned' by someone. You still have to buy it.

Tick
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 18, 2011, 04:37 PM

Maybe if you posted an actual question instead of just a title, we could help more.

Paying the taxes will not get you ownership, if that's what you are asking. All you will be accomplish is doing the owner a favor.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 18, 2011, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Maybe if you posted an actual question instead of just a title, we could help more.

Paying the taxes will not get you ownership, if that's what you are asking. All you will be accomplish is doing the owner a favor.
    Yes, I/ we become acccustomed to reading 'between' the one liners.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 18, 2011, 06:26 PM

Paying back taxes do not give you ownership, unless it is bought at a tax sale, at the auction the property may sell for the tax amount, or a lot more, it sells to the highest bidder.

Even then they have a redemption period

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I just buy a house paying back taxes? [ 4 Answers ]

How do I just buy a house paying back taxes? What do I do to buy a house for just the back taxes?

Paying the Back Taxes on a house instead of buying it [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Tina from Missouri, My husband and I are looking to buy a house and I know there is a way that we can pay the back taxes on a house instead of the price they are selling it at. Where do I start, and what do I do. I have no clue where to look or who to talk to and if there are any...

View more questions Search