Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jan 24, 2011, 10:57 AM

So she just texted me saying she's sick and can't make it. I smell BS. Thankfully, I packed my gym gear, just in case she flaked on me, so right after work I'll hit the gym. I'm not sure if I should try and ask for another date, or just sit and wait for her to suggest one to me...

One thing's for sure: I am definitely going to concentrate on myself from now on. I still want to see her, but I'm guessing I can't count on her anymore. It sucks because I don't meet girls often, so opportunities like her come around only once in a blue moon. Maybe I need to be more social and just talk to as many people as I can, because honestly I can be the type to just go into work or the gym and leave w/o chatting with anyone. That has to change...
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2011, 11:03 AM

Huno,

I agree with you, don't contact her ANYMORE--just go NO contact. I also agree just concentrate on yourself.

Just a thought---what about doing checking into a dating site? Like match or harmony. Have a friend who is younger about 35yrs meet his current Fiancée on Match!!
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jan 24, 2011, 11:13 AM

I did meet her online... I've had decent (but not great) luck meeting girls online. I also want to meet girls in person, too, because girls who go online tend to be super-picky about who they'll even respond to.

Again, what drives me nuts is that I don't get many opportunities to meet new girls. I need to get out there and find activities that will put me into more social circles but I have a lot of trouble forming new friendships. It always feels like once people have their social circles, it's impossible to enter them.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2011, 02:20 PM

I tried online dating a couple of times. I can tell you that girls get lots of responses, which is why they are so picky. I would get anywhere from 20-50 responses a day. There was no way to respond to all of them, so unless there was a good profile and a somewhat meaningful e-mail I didn't pursue it.

There are plenty of singles out there and they are looking for you, too. I found the best way to meet someone was through a mutual friend or while doing something I enjoyed. I play lots of sports, like to hike, run, etc - that's often how I met guys. I met my husband because we lived in the same neighborhood and both are runners - we'd often see each other running. You mention you like to work out. Girls don't usually want to meet someone in the gym, but do you ever do anything athletic outside of the gym? Do you have other interests? Are there any classes you are interested in taking?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Over analyzing relationships [ 3 Answers ]

I have had tons of boyfriends in my life, but none of the relationships have lasted longer than a month. I know I seriously over analyze my relationships and boyfriends. I always ask myself things like: "What did it mean when he said/did that", "What if I would of done/said that.", "Will we last...

Inequality analyzing [ 1 Answers ]

I tried and tried to understand the problem but I still couldn't get it. The length of a rectangle is 8 cm. longer than its width. If each dimension were 4 cm greater, the area would be no less than 128m^2 more. Find the least dimension of the rectangle. Let x-the width Let x+8-the length ...

Analyzing Components [ 1 Answers ]

Assuming that the adjustment for Supplies consisted of a credit to Supplies for $3,200 and a debit for $3,200 to Supplies expense, would that effect the 10-column work sheet

Analyzing Arguments [ 2 Answers ]

When you are building an argument for an issue that is significant to you, do you think it is more important to be valid or sound?

Does this guy like me or am I just over-analyzing it? [ 5 Answers ]

He stares at me all the time, he "unintentionally" runs into me/etc.

View more questions Search