Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronNorris Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 10:40 AM
    Replace non digital thermostat (2 wire) to new Digital termostat (2 wire)
    Hi:
    I bought a 2 wire, heating only, millivolt thermostat to replace a non digital 2 wire thermostat.

The replacement thermostat is a White-Rodgers 1E78-140 (heat only, non programmable millivolt compatible). For two wires "W" and "RH" are used in the thermostat. Does it matter which wire from the stove goes where?

Ron
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 18, 2011, 11:19 AM

Probably get better responses on the Heating and Air Conditioning site.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jan 18, 2011, 12:57 PM

It should not matter functionally, but why not wire it right?
    Just follow the instructions of the stove as to which is R and which is W.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace non digital thermostat (2 wire) to new Digital termostat (2 wire) [ 0 Answers ]

Hi: I bought a 2 wire, heating only, millivolt thermostat to replace a non digital 2 wire thermostat. The thermostat wires from the stove are connected to "RH" and "TH/TP" . The terminals in the new thermostat are labeled "RH" and "W". "TH" wire from the stove would be connected to what...

I have 2-wire (W, & R) going to a new digital thermostat (W, & RC jumpered to RH). [ 1 Answers ]

The $100,000 question is: DO I KEEP THEM JUMPERED and connect JUST TO RH, or DO I DISCONNECT THE JUMPER AND JUST WIRE 'R' from furnace to 'RH' and leave 'RC' out of the loop completely?

Honeywell digital thermostat to old two wire? [ 1 Answers ]

How to hook Honeyweel 5 terminal to 2 wire furnace? Connections, Y, G, Rh, Rc, W

How do I wire in a digital thermostat? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question. How do I wire in a digital thermostat as my current thermostat's (Nordyne 914832) wiring is y g r o w2 c and I purchased every model Home Depot had (up to the $8x.00 ones) and when I tried wiring up the way the instructions said I had either (depending on which model)...

How do I wire in a digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat wiring is y g r o w2 e c .the new wiring is c g y o/b rc r aux e l . Can someone tell me how to wire it. I'm trying to wire in a honeywell digital thermostat. Model rth7400 my current therm is a nordyne 914832. Please help

View more questions Search