Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vyoua18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 08:25 PM
    Help!! Keyboard problem!!
    I don't know what's wrong with my laptop but every time I hit the "p" key a window called "ask a question developer tool" pops up. Of if I hit the number "five" keyboard my window refreshes. If I use the "exclamation" then Windows Help and support pops up. So much more. It seems like they are turning into some totally new shortcut buttons. Is there way to disable it? Because not only does it do that in internet explorer but also in Microsoft word and others.

Oh by the way I have a sony vaio and it's only been two weeks since I've had it.

Thanks.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2011, 05:57 AM

It sounds like a "Ctrl" or "Alt" key is stuck. There are probably both left-side and right-side keys. Try tapping one rapidly several times and see if that frees it up. Then try the other ones. If you can determine which one is sticking, there are ways to disable it but still use the key on the other side (for example, to do a Ctrl-Alt-Del).

Good luck,
    WallyH
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

May 28, 2011, 03:51 PM
    If it is not sticky keys, it might be that the keyboard language is incorrectly set.
    You see, once you start the computer for the first time, Windows asks then language to be installed, time+date and keyboard language.

Press the Windows key + letter "R" at the same time.
    The run box appears, type: control /name Microsoft.RegionalandLanguageOptions and click OK.
    Go to Keyboards and Languages tab and click on change keyboard.

Now make sure you "Default input language" is "English (United States) - US"
    And "Installed services" has English united states as well.

Hope this helps...
    Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard problem? [ 13 Answers ]

Okay. So I have been playing O2jam for a while now. And I realised that I can't press all the buttons together. I mean like, when I pressed them all together. Only some keyboard works. For example: if I press A S D F and H J K L together. Only like A S D J K L works. Is it something wrong with the...

Wireless keyboard / Mouse problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I wonder if anyone can offer any help on an odd problem I'm having with a Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse? The receiver has a cable with 2 connectors, the instructions say (for a desktop) connect the mouse ps2 connector into the mouse ps2 port and the keyboard usb connector via the...

Laptop Keyboard problem [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard got jammed. I am sure there is a key or set of keys to press to release the jam because I can recall I had a problem with my old laptop some 2 years ago which was sorted thus. The present problem is with the new dell laptop three weeks old. Can somebody help.

Servere Keyboard problem! Please help [ 6 Answers ]

I have a labtec keyobard. And I get an annoying on screen display every time I click on my lock keys, CAPS LOCK,SCROLL LOCK,NUM LOCK. The problem is a little grey box with displays above my taskbar each time I click on one of my lock keys, any idea?

PS/2 keyboard problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older 700mhz Duron box that Im trying to fix up for a family member. I did an fdisk and formatted the drive for a fresh Windows 98 install. Im booting to a Win98 startup disk and choosing to install from CD. The keyboard works fine for all of this... but as soon as Windows comes to...

View more questions Search