Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AbovenBeyond Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2011, 03:15 PM
    Anyone familiar with astrology give me a quick explaining on my chart. Thanks!
    I'm new to astrology, I found a website that do free birth charts. I don't understand a thing looking at it though. I've seen people talking about how they know a friend whose chart is really good because of the way their planet sits or whatever, I just don't understand. Birthday is Aug 15, 1995 around 5am-7am not sure.

My chart:
    Sun- Leo
    Moon- Aries
    Mercury- Virgo
    Venus- Leo
    Mars- Libra
    Jupiter- Sagittarius
    Saturn- Pisces
    Uranus- Capricorn
    Neptune- Capricorn
    Pluto- Scorpio 27.51
    Lilith- Gemini 25.03
    Asc node- Libra

And

Sun Trine Moon
    Sun Conjunction Venus
    Moon Trine Venus
    Moon Opposition Mars
    Mercury Square Jupiter
    Jupiter Conjunction Pluto
    Saturn Sextile Neptune
    Saturn Trine Pluto
    Uranus Conjunction Neptune
    Uranus Sextile Pluto

So looking at that, point out anything good or any thing bad that I need to keep an eye out for? Is my chart good or bad? Thanks in advance.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2011, 04:14 PM

Aboven, you seem to be confused.

You are posting on first the astronomy forum, then on the other science forum.

Science is to do with the study of measurable things. Things that we can predict from an initial state, and confirm by measuring an later state.

Astrology, on the other hand, fails to give any predictions that can be verified by experiment. It has been proven, time and time again, to be a worthless theory, and doesn't even logically hold together (how can positions of planets logically be affecting us?).

As suggested before, you may want to post in mythology and folklore, spirituality, or maybe psychics?

Personally I would encourage you to stick around in this thread and ask us why science doesn't accept astrology.
    AbovenBeyond Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2011, 06:04 PM
    Comment on Capuchin's post
    At first I couldn't find any good topic to place this in, it's not paranormal phenomena, psychic and spiritual is more on demons/dreams/crazy stuff . Astrology is not a religion, So logically 'other science' was the only place left.
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jan 17, 2011, 10:21 PM
    Comment on Capuchin's post
    Capuchin, great answer!

Abovenbeyond, I commend you for putting some significant thought into where you should post this. Nevertheless, I have to disagree with your last sentence. I think astrology IS a religion. It's certainly NOT science!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2011, 03:25 AM

Crazy stuff sounds about right, actually.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explaining biological dads [ 1 Answers ]

How do you explain to a 3 /12 year old about her dad that is not involved in her life at all? She has been beginning to ask questions about "Daddy" We don't know how much to tell her.

Acceleration explaining [ 2 Answers ]

Analyze the motion of a rock dropped in water in term of its speed and acceleration. Assume that a resistive force acting on a rock increases as the velocity increases? please help... I don't understand this =[ A sky diver falls through the air. As the speed if the sky diver increases, whtat...

Bidding Chart or Price Chart [ 4 Answers ]

I need an example of a bidding chart or price chart... to estimate the a price when I bid on a place to clean. I'm in the office cleaning business.

Explaining Net Profit [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I work for a Sales company. And we pay our managers a bonus of 10% on the net profit of their divisions. (Accrual Accounting... and corporate costs are allocated to the divisions). But they are not accounting oriented people, so one of their problems understanding is if they get paid...

Explaining Telecommunications [ 2 Answers ]

What would you say to someone who is not technically savvy in order to explain how a general model of telecommunications works?

View more questions Search