Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitchsc Posts: 802, Reputation: 7

Jan 17, 2011, 07:16 AM
    Looking for an Android 'Find My Phone' App
    Looking for a good, stable "Find My Phone" app for Droid 2.1, preferably free. Would also prefer one that has been professionally developed, vs something out of a garage.

The best one I have found so far is Lookout. Free basic version, Screams phone, Shows location on PC or other smart-phone using Google Maps, Turns on GPS if off. Has backup and anti-virus features as well.

I like "Where's My Droid" because it actually lists an address, but the developer seems like he could just disappear tomorrow.

I have not yet tried any of these myself.

Thanks...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2011, 07:28 AM
    I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as I have a Magic and this app sounds useful. The app would have to running all the time I assume, I hope it doesn't use up too many resources.
    mitchsc Posts: 802, Reputation: 7

Jan 17, 2011, 07:58 AM

Here is the link to "Lookout": https://www.mylookout.com

Check out the FAQs in Support Section. They cover just about everything. Very useful.

The app does run all the time. It is the only app I have seen that can turn on your GPS if disabled.

(Thanks for the hint on getting back to old AMHD format)
    hernawanjr Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2012, 07:49 PM
    I use this app to do it : find my phone
    I like it but if you don't like it, you can search another one in Google play, or I found a site which contains android app review here

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to do unit testing and functional testing on an Android app? [ 0 Answers ]

I have created an app that sends intents among multiple activities. After doing some research I have found that the ActivityUnitTestCase class is designed for unit testing while the ActivityInstrumentationTestCase2 is designed for functional testing. I understand the use of methods such as setUp(),...

I think my husband has a secret cell phone, how can I find out for sure? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a big problem with lying and substance abuse. I think he may have a second cell phone to help him with his dirty work. Will a background check show me phone numbers associated with him? If not, is there another way that I could perhaps search phone records with his social security...

View more questions Search