Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2011, 12:10 PM
    Bearded dragon help
    Im writing this on behalf of my aunt who has two bearded dragons. A male and a female. A couple months ago they noticed the female was chewing on the males leg, since they didn't see any damage they brushed it off, now the female has completely eaten the males front leg... I have looked online but really didn't find anything.. They have the male and female separated (They have a 50 gallon tank with a 20 gallon placed inside so the male and female can still be close), but now the female has become aggressive towards people, she was fine when I was there, I fed her some lettuce and she even let me pick her up (Which they have never been able to do), so it appears she is only aggressive sometimes and others she is completely friendly and loving...

Is there any reptile experts who can help us figure out what to do? They really don't like the idea of separating them, nor about getting rid of the female because she is biting... these are children's pets so it being aggresssive is not working so well...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 16, 2011, 01:41 PM

Please tell me that they took the male to the vet.

I don't know anything about bearded dragons. Hopefully someone else will come along with some advice. For now I'd keep them separated, and make sure the male gets the medical attention he needs.
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2011, 06:09 AM

Yes, he went to the vet. It was there Grandma who took him (Since the vet in there area wouldn't deal with him, so he needed to go into the city), butshe didn't ask any questions about why this would happen...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Curved nails on bearded dragon [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I recently bought another bearded dragon off a person who sold it cheap its about 3 years old and the problem with him is his nails have curved I think due to the lack of a uv bulb in the tank the previous owner kept him in.when I have him sitting on me he seems to be losing his grip.question is...

White bearded dragon [ 7 Answers ]

An old kids movie or show from the 80's or 90's, has a big white bearded dragon type cloud monster

Bearded dragon sick [ 1 Answers ]

About 2 years ago I got a bearded dragon for free from someone I don't know its age but its full size and possibly old? But it doesn't eat anything except for superworms, I've tried crickets several times and he tries to eat them but doesn't seem to want to try and chase them. I don't know if he's...

Bearded dragon [ 8 Answers ]

I was just curious if anyone else on site has 1? I have a super red and his 1 yr old. I'll post pics when I get home, I h ope you do the same. Dragons are awsome :) :D ha ha

View more questions Search