Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danangela Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Credit Report
    When I went to refinance out of my ARM the mortgage firm I delt with said that I had some things on my credit report that shouldn't be there.. What steps do I take to rid this problem?
    gunsguy Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Contact your local credit bearue ask them for your credit score or report, then contact the negative people on it and pay of you're debts

gunsguy
    bunky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 11:50 PM
    Comment on gunsguy's post
    I work for the credit repair agency and in order to get rid of the record that is not yours, you need to send to the big 3, so called credit bureaus, the letter of deletion. Have the bureaus send an investigation for the problem deletion.
    bunky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 11:52 PM
    Have the bureaus send the investigation unit for the proof if this derogatory record is yours. If they do not give you the answer or shows that this is not yours, then they must delete it .
    landlord advocate Posts: 283, Reputation: 36

Jan 22, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danangela
    When I went to refinance out of my ARM the mortgage firm I delt with said that I had some things on my credit report that shouldnt be there..What steps do I take to rid this problem?
    Go to AnnualCreditReport.com and pull your credit for free from just ONE of the credit reporting agencies. Read the report over for errors. Telephone numbers will be listed on the report. Call the creditors to correct the errors. Wait at least 45 days, then go back to AnnualCreditReport.com and pull the SECOND credit reporting agency. See if the corrections have been made. If not, contact the creditors again. By law, they have 30 days in which to correct the error. Keep copies of telephone conversations, including the name of the person you talked too. Wait another 45 days and pull the THIRD credit reporting agency. By this time, all the errors should be corrected. Errors, which lower your score, can mean higher premiums on car insurance as well as credit cards. Think about putting a 100 word statement at the bottom of your credit report that states that no accounts are to be opened without first calling you. This will help cut down on the errors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit report [ 11 Answers ]

On my credit report I have a collection agency that reported first in 1999 Just when that was about to be removed from my credit report they (the collection agency)sold the account to another collection agency who re-reported it and now it will be 7 more years before it will be removed.it is the...

Credit report [ 4 Answers ]

Does anybody now where to get a free credit report and score when you have no credit card to give them Thank you Demon

Credit report help [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania I was listed as an authorized user on a family member's credit card. This account has turned into a collection account and I found out that it has affected my credit report negatively. I want to get the fact straight before I decide whether I want to...

Credit report question. [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had some big changes with some stuff I had financed. I sold some things to get some things paid off. I am wondering if I should have my credit reports pulled up so I can Make sure the things are showing up as paid. I guess I should check them like once a year any ways?? ...

Credit Report [ 2 Answers ]

If you purchase a vehicle at a buy here pay here lot and they don't view your credit to get this vehicle can they report a repossession on your credit report years after the vehicle was taken back?

View more questions Search