Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjpai Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 09:07 PM
    How to connect vent line to sewer line in a 3 unit house?
    I need to have something clarified for me, I have a 3 unit house that I recently bought and the cast iron sewer pipe was cracked from the 2nd fl down to the 1st fl. It has been cut away and I have the 4' pvc to replace it but now I cannot remember how the vent line was connected to it. The vent line 1 1/2 is about a foot away from the sewer line and I am not sure where to connect them, any help is appreciated.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 16, 2011, 11:45 AM

Hi jjpai

What does the 1.5" vent pipe come from? What floor is the fixture that is vented on and what floor will you be installing the vent fitting on? Let me know...

Mark

Jan 16, 2011, 06:36 PM
    Comment on massplumber2008's post
    Sewer pipe comes from basement & runs up to the 3rd fl, along side about a ft away runs a vent pipe and it connects to the sewer pipe in basement. There were connections between the vent & sewer on the 1st fl & the 2nd but I don't remember where they go

Jan 16, 2011, 06:37 PM
    Comment on massplumber2008's post
    This is what I need help with, does it matter where the connections go as long as they are below each floor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacment house connection to sewer line [ 6 Answers ]

The old house was demolished When I build my new house ,should its new sewer line be connected directly to the main town sewer line to avoid problems from the very old line by using this lateral as a guide Please let me know

Sewer P-trap for house main line [ 1 Answers ]

Bought a 40 year old single story home in San Diego and we love it, except we get a sewer smell periodically outside (depending on weather, I guess). The smell is really bad. Had a plumbing come out and unclog a clog, and he mentioned maybe putting a P-trap on the our main line between the house &...

Sewer line from the house to the septic tank [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently building a new home. The access to the septic tank from the back of the house is currently blocked by the home we are currently living in. I am wondering if it is feasible to put a 90 with a clean out at the house and another further down to direct flow to the septic tank. This...

Can't find the sewer line at our house. [ 7 Answers ]

There is a clog in our sewer line. How do we find the sewer line?

Sewer line vent [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced all the sewer line in my home. The only way to flush toilet is to unhook drian line to upstair sink to get it to flush. Otherwise toilet back up and then very slowly drains. Does this mean the vent is plugged? My line also goes into s septic tank.

View more questions Search