Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charmedwiccanlover Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Totally Free but legal no strings attached music downloads
    I wanted to know of a web site that has totally free but legal music downloads.

I've tried websites like winmx and you have to pay for those after all. Help :mad:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Many bands have sites where they distribute tracks free of charge to attract interest. But if what you are looking for is current commercial music then such a site doiesn't exist. If you obtain copyrighted material without paying or permission from the copyright holder, then that's illegal.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Jan 13, 2007, 05:30 PM
    And if you installed winmx with the patch to get around the Court ordered shut down -boy do you have a bunch of host files on your PC.
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Jan 13, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Limewire is a site where you share your music with other people. It's free.

Jan 13, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Giggles Limewire is a virus hellhole plus since the riaa agreement a lot of the files are fake

Jan 13, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Really? My laptop has been making funny noises for a while now, and I did download limewire a few months back, before the slight humming sound became constant. Been meaning to buy a hard drive to store everything before it gives up on me...
    A lot of people I know seem to be using limewire. I must let them know. Are you sure?
    Sorry for giving such bad advice! Had no idea.

Jan 13, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles
    limewire is a site where you share your music with other people. it's free.
    Share WHO'S music? You can share YOUR music, meaning music YOU composed,and recorded. But if you share someone else's music, specifically copyrighted material, That is NOT legal.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Where do you live?

As copy right laws vary quite differently because Canada and the USA, especially when it comes to downloading and sharing music.

Jan 13, 2007, 09:03 PM
    giggles when you do a search on lime wire take note of how many files are exactly the same size. They are all fakes. If you see files at 851.7-- 765.5,or 399.0 kb`s it's a virus, and that's just a few of them.
    Scott some files that are shared are public domain so please do not paint all file sharing with the same brush.
    I love my Leave it to beaver, and my three sons videos.
    Linux operating systems are also share by the creators though file sharing. I have almost 100 disks of Linux.

Jan 14, 2007, 08:28 AM
    That's why I specified "copyrighted material". Public Domain means the copyright expired. But I would be very surprised to find that Leave It To Beaver and My Three Sons is no longer under copyright protection.

Jan 14, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Wow thanks for advice. Have uninstalled limewire now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Totally free music ? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find a site that has totally free music downloads with no hidden charges or signups? And hasno per song fee?

Legal sites for downloads [ 5 Answers ]

I've been searching for a site to download music. Since I do not want to do anything illegal, I am only looking for legal/pay sites. So far, every one I've found seems to be a scam. I've found complaints about people being charged too much on their credit cards, and not getting refunds as promised,...

Free Universal downloads for US and Canada [ 2 Answers ]

Nice to see Vivendi Universal offering it's entire music catalogue for free download,in the US and Canada,from December.The rest of the world will still have to purchase of course.. Why not make it legal for everyone? And yes,I do purchase iTunes on line,if there is a track I'm interested...

FREE XBOX downloads [ 3 Answers ]

We will NOT advise members how to break the law ! Request for "how to" Edited out by Curlyben

View more questions Search