Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drew58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 10:42 AM
    How do I find ownership of a property online?
    I would like to discuss the purchase of a property with the owner and it's 450 miles from here. All I have is the physical address. How do I find ownership online without paying a company to do it for me?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 15, 2011, 10:44 AM
    Depends on how much information you need and where you are located.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2011, 11:08 AM

Hello d:

You may be able to access the county's land office, or assessors office online.. With the street address, you may be able to pull up the abstract.

excon
    terryloaf Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 08:01 PM
    Do you know what county the property is located in? Try Googling the County Assessor's office for that county and state, and you should be able to put in the address for that property and get all the current information: who owns it, assessed value, etc

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 08:11 PM

I will be blunt, you want to buy some property you have no idea who owns it, it is not close to you, but you don't want to pay any money to do it ?

As noted if the recorder of deed or the property tax office has it on line, but often you will have to go in person to the office in many areas to look it up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ownership of Property [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find out who owns a property?? I have tried several websites but have had no luck..

Property ownership [ 2 Answers ]

Who owns xxx cobblestone lane {identifying info removed-<>}?

Property ownership [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a house and lot from my mom and dad in 1999. They also owned the lot next door. This lot is the yard for my house. They both died several years ago and now my oldest brother is trying to sell the lot that I have maintained for 10 years now. He has paid the taxes on this lot out of my...

Property Ownership? [ 4 Answers ]

How can I find out who owns a piece of property? I have looked on the web but the sites all cost money? Any info would be very helpful . Chad

Ownership of the property [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings. I left my family 3 years ago. I still pay the house mortgage as I did since 1989. Do I have any rights over the property? Thanks.:)

View more questions Search