Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bsellers_04 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 05:38 AM
    Resume style for veteran
    How would this resume apply to a Veteran who has been out of school for the last 7 yrs but has additional education and job experience outside of high school?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bsellers_04 View Post
    How would this resume apply to a Veteran who has been out of school for the last 7 yrs but has additional education and job experience outside of high school?
    The resume style can be changed to fit whatever is needed. I had adapted a standard resume to work for a high school student's college application. Do you want to see a standard resume for a job seeker who has been out in the workworld for a while?

Jan 15, 2011, 10:08 AM
    I am looking to do the FSU application resume as well.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 10:40 AM
    I am looking to do the FSU application resume as well.
    Can you use the one I had posted (for the FSU applicant) as as guide for yourself?

Do you want me to post a standard one?

Jan 15, 2011, 10:47 AM
    I can use the old one I just was curious where it all would fit on there. I don't know if giving school supplies to the local population fell under community service or employment, should I list all my medals under awards and honors, and how would you word I went and did forensic evidence collection and mortuary affairs? Does it even matter that I qualified expert on marksmanship skills every year since 2003?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 10:57 AM
    I can use the old one I just was curious where it all would fit on there. I don't know if giving school supplies to the local population fell under community service or employment, should I list all my medals under awards and honors, and how would you word I went and did forensic evidence collection and mortuary affairs? Does it even matter that I qualified expert on marksmanship skills every year since 2003?
    You can put all or most of that on a one-page resume. I'll post a standard one in a few minutes, and we can talk about adding your specifics to it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 11:16 AM

Set up whatever headings are appropriate for you. Here is a basic style. Vary centering or not, gold and italicize job titles, bold the headings, leave a good amount of white space --

Skills

> Offer professional-quality administrative assistant skills and excellent work ethic
    > Am proficient, loyal, thorough
    > Possess effective interpersonal and communication skills
    > Quickly comprehend new methods and procedures
    > Work well independently, and effectively within team environments
    > Possess very strong problem-solving skills
    > Have basic computer knowledge

Work Experience
    Title, Company, Location, Dates

e.g. --
    Archivist, XYZ United, Plano, TX (02/06-06/09)
    > Organized and filed photos
    > Carefully separated photo batches
    > Assigned locations for filing

Volunteer Experience

Volunteer position, Organization, Location, Dates
    > Duties

e.g. --
    Volunteer e-mailer, CatsPlus, Lima, Ohio (02/02-Present),
    > Submitted grants to non-profit organizations for Haiti relief
    > Kept charity organization in contact with supporters

Continuing Education
    Xerox College, Lima, Ohio (2008-Present)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a veteran [ 3 Answers ]

I am never certain when in a situation where people are asked if they are veterans of military service or just if they are veterans or if they served in the US military what I should say. I have always thought of a veteran as someone who served in the regular military during wartime but on one...

FSU Educational resume for Army Veteran [ 5 Answers ]

How would an Army Veteran fill out the Educational resume for the application and include all their service and experience in there as well since they just ask for high school years?

I need a best warehouse&logistics resume can anybody make a resume for me? [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2.8 years working experience as warehouse assistant (from 2005 to 2008) in ZYX company,Malaysia and from oct 2009 to till date I am working as warehouse supervisor in XYZ company,saudi arabia based on these details please make a resume for me

How can I style my hair in 40's style? [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to a themed party this weekend(pin-up girls/army guys). And I need a cute 30s/40s hairstyle. I want something that looks like Dita Von Teese. My hair is about shoulder length. I can't find a good how-to website for achieving this look. Anyone know of any? Thanks :)

View more questions Search